The Student Room Group

Solutions for Hair Thinning

I have noticed that my hair has been growing noticeably thin over the past year or so now. While still certainly there, there's so much less of it, to the point where it's certainly visible to people such as my parents. Issue is, it's not quite something like male pattern baldness, as it's not just affecting temples and the crown, but it's gotten a lot thinner pretty much throughout my hair. Over the year, I've tried anti hair loss shampoos, conditioners, spray-ons, mists, highest strength biotin and vitamin C tablets I could find, and it's still rather thin.

I began looking for stronger medication online, however most of it is specifically advertised towards male pattern baldness, and I can't really find much heavy-hitting stuff to whatever is going on here. Is there anything more tailored towards my issue, or will products advertised more towards male pattern baldness work well also?
I understand your concern about your thinning hair. It's important to note that there can be various causes for hair thinning or loss, and it's best to consult with a healthcare professional or a dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and personalized treatment plan. They can evaluate your specific situation and provide recommendations tailored to your needs. While some products may be marketed specifically for male pattern baldness, they may still contain ingredients that could potentially benefit individuals experiencing hair thinning due to other causes. However, it's always advisable to seek professional guidance to ensure the most suitable approach for your specific condition.

Quick Reply

Latest