The Student Room Group

how to clean air conditioner coils

Now it costs a lot of money to clean the air conditioner. Share tips on how to clean
Using a brush is an easy technique when you are just dealing with dust accumulated due to the everyday use of an air conditioner. A simple brush can do the job; however, if you want a thorough cleaning, using a special soil brush is a better idea.

Examine the external surface of the coils for any traces of leaves, layers of dust, or spider webs.
Lightly apply the brush to the coils and sweep the dust away.
Continue doing that until all traces are removed.
Use a coil comb to clean the area between the coil fins. Do not force the comb where it does not pass through easily; you can easily tear the thin fins.
If you notice any bent fins, gently straighten them using a fin comb. Run it parallel to the fin line for straightening.
Once you are done, thoroughly clean the area around the unit.
Note: Avoid using brushes with hard bristles; your AC coils have delicate fins that can get damaged.
Reply 2
Original post by Ethical_Solution
Using a brush is an easy technique when you are just dealing with dust accumulated due to the everyday use of an air conditioner. A simple brush can do the job; however, if you want a thorough cleaning, using a special soil brush is a better idea.

Examine the external surface of the coils for any traces of leaves, layers of dust, or spider webs.
Lightly apply the brush to the coils and sweep the dust away.
Continue doing that until all traces are removed.
Use a coil comb to clean the portable rv air conditioner. Do not force the comb where it does not pass through easily; you can easily tear the thin fins.
If you notice any bent fins, gently straighten them using a fin comb. Run it parallel to the fin line for straightening.
Once you are done, thoroughly clean the area around the unit.
Note: Avoid using brushes with hard bristles; your AC coils have delicate fins that can get damaged.

Thanks for explaining in a detail. I also have a query related but it's related to portable rv air conditioner. I'm using it since last two years and I think it's time to change its coils. Can you please explain procedure for it or it's same as you explained above?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Quick Reply

Latest