The Student Room Group

can i still get a job, 2 weeks left till college

should I just go to a store instead of applying online
do whatever they request for applications, if you're unsure ask in store.
Reply 2
either is fine, college starting soon doesn’t matter that much, especially if you get given your timetable so you have a better idea of what hours you can do. Assuming you’ve just left school, you can even use your GCSEs on your CV rather than just predicted grades :smile: Whilst at college you can always work weekends and evenings, and then just do more hours during your holidays.
It’s not worth it. Plus, you’ll wanna settle into xollege before getting a job
Any quick ways to make money online? - would be very grateful as in a bad situation
A lot of employers these days don't take CVs in person anymore and will most likely direct you to fill out applications etc online. You'll get the odd company, especially smaller, independent stores that will accept CVs or hand out application forms there and then but bigger companies do everything online.
Original post by dontevenknow2

Any quick ways to make money online? - would be very grateful as in a bad situation

If you are just looking for a part time job, you can still apply to companies - most recruit throughout the year. A lot of companies recruit online - having a look at job sites like Indeed to see what is available in your local area can be a good idea. You can also ask friends and family if they know of any vacancies going on at their workplace, or look at local companies' social media as they sometimes advertise there. Have you tried applying for work already, and if so, what feedback are you getting?

As for any quick ways, if you have unwanted items at home, e.g. books, clothes, tech, etc. you could try selling them online. You can try eBay or Amazon, or I would recommend Facebook Marketplace (no fees!), as a way to bring in extra income.
Original post by cheesecakelove
If you are just looking for a part time job, you can still apply to companies - most recruit throughout the year. A lot of companies recruit online - having a look at job sites like Indeed to see what is available in your local area can be a good idea. You can also ask friends and family if they know of any vacancies going on at their workplace, or look at local companies' social media as they sometimes advertise there. Have you tried applying for work already, and if so, what feedback are you getting?

As for any quick ways, if you have unwanted items at home, e.g. books, clothes, tech, etc. you could try selling them online. You can try eBay or Amazon, or I would recommend Facebook Marketplace (no fees!), as a way to bring in extra income.

I have applied for lots of work but no reply, atleast an acknowledgement to say I didn't get in .

And thank you for your reply, I start college tomorrow, so I guess I should check if I have a day "free" and I guess I could just work that day once a week

Try mcdonalds, they take on a lot of students.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending