The Student Room Group

NEXT Employee Official Thread .................. *for those already employed by NEXT.

Hey :smile:

Thought i'd start this thread aimed solely at people already working at NEXT so they can raise questions about rota's, clocking in/out, shifts etc.

Firstly - the 16 hours per week cap on Sales Temps: anyone know why this is in place?

Secondly - clocking in procedure on the system: has anyone found when they go to clock in it says 'Hi, we're not expecting you today'. ?

Thirdly - E-learning for the till. Haven't been till trained yet, but is e-learning any good or is it better for someone to show you the ropes?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

1. They need more "people" to help with customers, but also need to save money. So they employee loads of people with short hours instead of a few people with long hours. (sorry if that doesn't make sens im **** at explaining things)

2.If its overtime your doing it normal, you should just tell manager that your in.

Also do you know when the next pay day is ?
Reply 2
Original post by ScouseEmma28
Hey :smile:

Thought i'd start this thread aimed solely at people already working at NEXT so they can raise questions about rota's, clocking in/out, shifts etc.

Firstly - the 16 hours per week cap on Sales Temps: anyone know why this is in place?

Secondly - clocking in procedure on the system: has anyone found when they go to clock in it says 'Hi, we're not expecting you today'. ?

Thirdly - E-learning for the till. Haven't been till trained yet, but is e-learning any good or is it better for someone to show you the ropes?

the 16 hour cap is so that the company does not have to pay national insurance for you,
on the clock in, its due to your manager not putting your shift on the system..
as for e-learning its ok, but not as good as being taught by someone else .. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by AmIDoingItRight
Hi,

1. They need more "people" to help with customers, but also need to save money. So they employee loads of people with short hours instead of a few people with long hours. (sorry if that doesn't make sens im **** at explaining things)

2.If its overtime your doing it normal, you should just tell manager that your in.

Also do you know when the next pay day is ?

should be the 20th this month ..
Reply 4
Im a new sales temp at the moment, any tips on how i could become a permanent member of staff? do you think that its even possible?
Original post by adh5643
should be the 20th this month ..

Thanks !!!

Original post by Babb_zz
Im a new sales temp at the moment, any tips on how i could become a permanent member of staff? do you think that its even possible?

Its possible but very hard, especially on the shop floor

Always do extra sifts if you can, i was lucky a got a shift with the assistant manger in the delivery room our team built rapport with her. so that might help us.
Reply 6
8th December : Had interview for XMAS temp job. :redface:

9th December : Got the Job!!! :biggrin:

10th December : Had induction, and was told i would be contacted with NEP details.

18th Decembber : Still no contact from store. I rang in today, and was told to ring back the next day. :mad:

Been a whirlwind so far. Anyone got any ideas what i should do. The obvious being going to the store. Which i shall be doing tomorrow.
Reply 7
I am soo annoyed >:frown: i called today to find out my shifts, and was given the wrong ones, and not only that, they claim its what i wrote down on my form :angry: sooo irritated, im gonna call the the operations manager tomorrow as unfortunately she wasnt in :frown:
I realise this thread is quite old, but I need some help. I'm a Next employee who's been inducted. I'm starting on Monday, but I want to get ahead with the Till training etc. Trouble is, I don't know where to find the Next Learning Portal! Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Revisaphobe
I realise this thread is quite old, but I need some help. I'm a Next employee who's been inducted. I'm starting on Monday, but I want to get ahead with the Till training etc. Trouble is, I don't know where to find the Next Learning Portal! Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks :smile:

12 hours later so I'm not sure if you have found it, but you log into portal as normal (assuming you have a login) and then once you have logged in, at the side you should see "training" where you will need to log in again and then on your sessions it will give you the till training exercise (if the staff have enrolled you in it)
Original post by CSM1996
12 hours later so I'm not sure if you have found it, but you log into portal as normal (assuming you have a login) and then once you have logged in, at the side you should see "training" where you will need to log in again and then on your sessions it will give you the till training exercise (if the staff have enrolled you in it)

Thanks! I ended up having the link emailed to me anyway, so everything's been sorted out :smile:
Can anyone access the learning portal from home? I've been told I can do my learning at home but my training sessions don't appear when I log in.. Thanks
Reply 12
I've tried logging in but it's saying try again it's as if it's trying to say the passwords wrong for some reason I need help with that tbh!
Original post by laura19!
I've tried logging in but it's saying try again it's as if it's trying to say the passwords wrong for some reason I need help with that tbh!

Is this for the employee portal or learning portal?
The learning portal is a key on any one of the tills in store, hope this helps
Reply 15
payday is usually the 26th of every month but july will be the 24th
Reply 16
i did my assessment for next yesterday and worked on women's for 30 mins and men's for 30 mins while on men's I felt a lot more comfortable and I enjoyed it more,preferably because I'm male, I mentioned that would prefer work on mens, however I've just signed in to the NEP and it says womenswear, I was just wondering if I would be able change to menswear?
Original post by Gabe_4
i did my assessment for next yesterday and worked on women's for 30 mins and men's for 30 mins while on men's I felt a lot more comfortable and I enjoyed it more,preferably because I'm male, I mentioned that would prefer work on mens, however I've just signed in to the NEP and it says womenswear, I was just wondering if I would be able change to menswear?

You'll probably start on womenswear as most new people do. That might just be in our store though. As for NEP it says womenswear for most people in our store, it doesn't mean you'll always be on there though. I work majority of my shifts on children's wear and am only on women's/mens/home when I pick shifts up so don't worry about that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Georgiasproat
You'll probably start on womenswear as most new people do. That might just be in our store though. As for NEP it says womenswear for most people in our store, it doesn't mean you'll always be on there though. I work majority of my shifts on children's wear and am only on women's/mens/home when I pick shifts up so don't worry about that

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thank you very much!!
Reply 19
Hi I have a question about the shift marketplace. Has anyone ever found their shifts to change suddenly?
I was supposed to start at 12pm on Thursday with 30min break. This was displayed when I was clocking out on my last shift and when I logged in yesterday but today it's saying I start at 3pm. They've also not acknowledged the whole shift I worked the night before the sale doing the markdown, I did over 4 hours but it says I've only done 2.5 :frown: confused

Quick Reply

Latest