The Student Room Group

Not naturally good at maths but want to do a degree?

So i want to go to a Russell Group Uni for maths, and I have the predicted grades for it but i’m not naturally good at maths, i just do a lot of work. Is this gonna mean that uni maths will be too unbearable for me?
Original post by d0nkey_dude
So i want to go to a Russell Group Uni for maths, and I have the predicted grades for it but i’m not naturally good at maths, i just do a lot of work. Is this gonna mean that uni maths will be too unbearable for me?

What is your predicted grade? Are you doing further maths? What did you get at GCSE?
Original post by Sir Cumference
What is your predicted grade? Are you doing further maths? What did you get at GCSE?

i got a 7 for gcse maths, i’m predicted an A at a level maths and i’m currently self teaching the AS FM spec to sit the exam at the end of year 13
You can do it. I'm not naturally good at Physics and I've already finished 3rd year at university level. Just work hard and ask the professor questions.
Original post by GeolPhysics
You can do it. I'm not naturally good at Physics and I've already finished 3rd year at university level. Just work hard and ask the professor questions.

Thank you! That sounds reassuring
Reply 5
Original post by d0nkey_dude
i got a 7 for gcse maths, i’m predicted an A at a level maths and i’m currently self teaching the AS FM spec to sit the exam at the end of year 13

i have been trying to find someone who is in the same shoes as me. i recently recieved my gcses and got a 7 in maths even though i want to take further maths at a level. this means i have to teach it myself. and i was honestly thinking of a maths degree at university but i'm not quite sure.

if you still have access to this account, id really appreciate it if you give me an update as to what has happened since :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest