The Student Room Group

Is Chemistry, Physics, Maths and Further Maths a good combo?

Was wondering if those would be a good combo of a levels to take. If so, what are the crossovers and what are the a levels courses like?
Reply 1
Original post by bewub9eu
Was wondering if those would be a good combo of a levels to take. If so, what are the crossovers and what are the a levels courses like?

I think this is the best you could go for if your looking to go into a stem related future especially with engineering!! Im a chemistry first year student at kings and i did chem maths and physics. Ive known 2 people in the previous year that done the combination you're doing. The crossover will depend on your specification for alevel. Theres some crossover between physics and chemistry but its not too complicated. You will find some alevel/difficult maths in physics and only a little in chem. I'm not sure about furthermaths. This combo is kinda hard though so only if you're obedient then should you chose these subjects. From my experience, physics was very much different to alevels, maths was just harder and chemistry was more chemistry based if that makes sense
Very good but like any combo depends on what degree you want to study. It will give you the most options for stem degrees, and is undoubtedly the best combination for engineering
Reply 3
Good also for Natural Sciences - inter-disciplinary science degree available at Unis like Leeds, Nottingham, Bath, Durham, Loughborough etc
Original post by bewub9eu

Great for Natural Sciences, Engineering, Maths, Law, HSPS, Medicine and Economics at Cambridge, Oxford, Imperial, LSE, UCL, Durham, Bristol, Warwick, Manchester, Edinburgh and York too.

Quick Reply

Latest