The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Iluvatar
Then try not thinking about not thinking, because if your thinking about not thinking, your still thinking.
And then can you not think about not thinking about not thinking?
Because again, if your are thinking about not thinking about not thinking, your still thinking.

My head hurts :frown:
Reply 21
Iluvatar
Then try not thinking about not thinking, because if your thinking about not thinking, your still thinking.
And then can you not think about not thinking about not thinking?
Because again, if your are thinking about not thinking about not thinking, your still thinking.

and I got told I think too much...
Reply 22
Sarky

mine too.
Reply 23
shootingstar
wow...

now. question...

do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?

Yes because it tastes yummy and they can make patterns.
shootingstar
wow...

now. question...

do illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?

There is no known effect, beyond the obvious, of alphabet soup on any person.
But there is no recognition of character significance in alphabet soup for people with no recognition of characters (rather than just an inability to read), but this is not a worthwhile effect to seriously concider as important.
Sarky

Yeah, mine does that too sometimes.
A little tip, don't walk into large objects (trees, walls, vans etc.), it helps alot.
Reply 26
you think way too much...
shootingstar
you think way too much...

Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
I wish i could think normally (well, not normally, because that would be dull but anyway) all the time, rather than too much sometimes, and not at all all the rest of the time.
Reply 28
Iluvatar
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!!!
I wish i could think normally (well, not normally, because that would be dull but anyway) all the time, rather than too much sometimes, and not at all all the rest of the time.

I'm having to think about what you think about thinking cos I asked about thinking cos habosh thinks i think too much. I think i may have confused everyone now...
shootingstar
I'm having to think about what you think about thinking cos I asked about thinking cos habosh thinks i think too much. I think i may have confused everyone now...

I think that i think that i understand.
But thinking is not confusing. Thinking about thinking is confusing, an dthinking about thinking about thinking is even more so.
But thinking about other people thinking about thinking gets you thinking about the differences in your thinking and their thinking, and thinking about how thier thinking about the differences between the way your thinking and their thinking, and then you end up thinking about the differences between your thinking and their thinking about the differences between the way you think about the differences and the way they think about the differences.
Reply 30
I'm going to have to think about thinking about what you think you're thinking about what i think i'm thinking...
shootingstar
I'm going to have to think about thinking about what you think you're thinking about what i think i'm thinking...

But do you think, thinking about thinking about me thinking about thinking what you think about thinking is really thinking straight?
Reply 32
nope...

is it possible to think straight?
shootingstar
nope...

is it possible to think straight?

Think straight as in compared to an absolute concept of thinking, or think straight as in relative to the thinking of'regular' thinkers?
Reply 34
both...

this is coming from someone with both ocd and an ability to forget what she did five minutes ago...
shootingstar
both...

this is coming from someone with both ocd and an ability to forget what she did five minutes ago...

Hmm... i'm thinking that your thinking must be interesting if you can be absolutist and relativist about the same issue.
Reply 36
eh? well, I confuse a hell of a lot of people...
shootingstar
eh? well, I confuse a hell of a lot of people...

Not confusing, just interesting how two opposite, and i thought mutually exclusive perceptions on a single object can be taken.
Reply 38
hehe! i even confuse my counsellor...
shootingstar
hehe! i even confuse my counsellor...

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending