The Student Room Group

what are some good mystery thriller tv shows/ anime?

anyone know any good thriller mystery anime or tv shows, i just finished watching "monster"and im looking for something like that?
Reply 1
Original post by KenzoTen22
anyone know any good thriller mystery anime or tv shows, i just finished watching "monster"and im looking for something like that?

Anime
I'm the best man to ask.
1. Erased
2.Your name
3.Anohana
4.Kaito Kid
5. Detective Konan very long. Start from the start so u can understand the story
6.Death note
7.Mirai Nikki
8.Death Parade
9.Durarara
10. Psycho-Pass

Series- Psych

Honestly, there is a lot more. Finish this.
Original post by KenzoTen22

no idea how monster is like but here's what I'd go for:

non-anime:
person of interest
angel (imo its better than buffy)
riverdale (surprising despite its teen soap opera melodrama)
poirot (despite being old fashioned)

anime: @STU56153 has an interesting list (fav. of his list is durarara).

also @AngryJellyfish@Kalisto you guys got any ideas?
Original post by quasa
also @AngryJellyfish@Kalisto you guys got any ideas?

@Kallisto :wink:

I have nothing to add to @STU56153's list though. Nothing there quite compares to Monster in terms of depth and character development, IMO, as they're all much shorter and faster paced (Conan being the obvious exception... that has the opposite issue of never ending!); Death Note and Durarara!! (including all the sequels) are probably closest.
(edited 4 years ago)
@KenzoTen22 The only anime simillar anime to Monster is Death Note. It is said that Gantz is another good thriller with subtle characters, but can't really judge it by just wathing a few episodes.

Quick Reply

Latest