The Student Room Group

TSR Book Club Proposition

As someone who loves reading books, and wants to try and increase how many books I read this year - I would love if a TSR Book Club could be made! I would love a platform/forum where I see everyone's book recommendations, especially the murder mystery/thriller genre! And also book reviews - also very importantttt! Could the people that I tagged also offer their opinions on whether or not this should be a thing? @Chronoscope

Thanks,
Emmanuella
(edited 3 months ago)
I think Five Survive by Holly Jackson was very suspenseful and emotional 4/5 must read!!
Reply 4
Original post by emm4nuella

hi! i saw you on another forum which is probably how you tagged me lol but which forum was it 😂
also i LOVE this idea! let’s please make this a thing 😀
Original post by marz11
hi! i saw you on another forum which is probably how you tagged me lol but which forum was it 😂

the book diary one!!
Original post by marz11

i guess we could make an unofficial one for now if anyone is interested?
Reply 7
the book diary one!!

oh yeahh!
Reply 8
i guess we could make an unofficial one for now if anyone is interested?

yeah idm that :smile:
Reply 10
As someone who loves reading books, and wants to try and increase how many books I read this year - I would love if a TSR Book Club could be made! I would love a platform/forum where I see everyone's book recommendations, especially the murder mystery/thriller genre! And also book reviews - also very importantttt! Could the people that I tagged also offer their opinions on whether or not this should be a thing? @Chronoscope

Thanks,
Emmanuella

Should 💯 be a thing. I need others to read with me or I’ll eventually go into a slump and forget all about it for months😢

What’s genres does everyone like? If there’s some common ones we can start our suggestions from there

I personally like YA, Murder Mystery, Fantasy, Romance, Dystopia. I haven’t read many classics or thrillers but open to most things!
Reply 11
Original post by study23!
Should 💯 be a thing. I need others to read with me or I’ll eventually go into a slump and forget all about it for months😢

What’s genres does everyone like? If there’s some common ones we can start our suggestions from there

I personally like YA, Murder Mystery, Fantasy, Romance, Dystopia. I haven’t read many classics or thrillers but open to most things!

this has happened to me after april last year lol. my school is weird for ucas predicted grades they gave us a part 1 in april and a part 2 in september so if u get like BBC as ur grades in april then u get a second chance to improve them in september. i was stressed in that whole period studying. then onto ucas applications because my school wanted them in november. now currently doing january mocks 😭 basically had NO time to read for pleasure and have so many books on my TBR since LAST YEAR 😭

i quite like YA too, and fantasy and romance. what do you mean by classics? 🙂
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 12
Original post by marz11
this has happened to me after april last year lol. my school is weird for ucas predicted grades they gave us a part 1 in april and a part 2 in september so if u get like BBC as ur grades in april then u get a second chance to improve them in september. i was stressed in that whole period studying. then onto ucas applications because my school wanted them in november. now currently doing january mocks 😭 basically had NO time to read for pleasure and have so many books on my TBR since LAST YEAR 😭

i quite like YA too, and fantasy and romance. what do you mean by classics? 🙂

Basically any older famous books like Pride Prejudice, 1984, any of the ‘classic literature books’ you’d expect to hear about in school 😂

By classics I’m assuming you mean about mythology (think I saw another post of you talk about Greek mythology books). I loved Percy Jackson so I’d be open to those too haha

Thanks,
Emmanuella

okk very late to this, but TSR definitely needs to make this happen for us readers! it would such a great opportunity have an inclusive society of avid book fans!! but for now the unofficial one sounds good😊
oh anddd i would like to recommend you a book, idk if you prefer y/a but the book im gonna recommend is actually a classic. it's called 'the stranger' by albert camus and it's a philosophical crime thriller and it's relatively short (just over 120 pages i think). and its very compelling story based on the alienation of the main character that is self-inflicted as he refuses to follow society's norms and it starts off with the death of his mother and how he refuses to acknowledges his feelings about the situation let alone show his grief which juxtaposing the expectations of those around him. in the middle he just has this moment where he lets his impulses take over and out of the blue kills an innocent man for no reason. the ending of this book is just hvjksdfhrf (dare i say enlightening) and the man embraces the notion that human existence accumulates no greater meaning. he accept his fate and in the end its what makes him feel happy and content just before the execution for his crime.
(edited 3 months ago)
Original post by heartz4moushi
okk very late to this, but TSR definitely needs to make this happen for us readers! it would such a great opportunity have an inclusive society of avid book fans!! but for now the unofficial one sounds good😊
oh anddd i would like to recommend you a book, idk if you prefer y/a but the book im gonna recommend is actually a classic. it's called 'the stranger' by albert camus and it's a philosophical crime thriller and it's relatively short (juts over 150 pages i think). and its very compelling story basied on the alienation of the main character that is self-inflicted as he refuses to follow society's norms and it starts off with the death of his mother and how he refuses to acknowledges his feelings about the situation let alone show his grief which juxtaposing the expectations of those around him. in the middle he just has this moment where he lets his impulses take over and out of the blue kills an innocent man for no reason. the ending of this book is just hvjksdfhrf (dare i say enlightening) and the man embraces the notion that human existence accumulates no greater meaning. he accept his fate and in the end its what makes him feel happy and content just before the execution for his crime.

i think i have heard of this one before ❤️
hello everyone, link to the book spreadsheet is available in the forum: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7433498

Thanks,
Emmanuella

I'd love this because I couldnt find a proper place for just what your reading which is why I made mine, but id love to say what im reading and what ive read. tell me if you make it properly and I'll contribute and add the link in my thread too <3
@emma4nuella I changed my name from LabS2007 to what it is now incase you were gonna tag me in anything else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending