The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

The Official University of Birmingham Applicants' Thread 2020

Scroll to see replies

Course: business management and marketing
Other unis: Loughborough, Aston, Nottingham Trent and Birmingham City (as you can see I wanna end up in Birmingham haha)

Predicted grades: D*A*A
AS grades: Distinction ABB
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by Lelux
yep just got my offer for economics !!

Congratulations! That's the first Birmingham offer I've seen this year.

Were the conditions what you expected?
Original post by Harrietcrossin
also if my acknowledgment email said they would endeavour to give me an update in 15 working days does this refer to their decision?!

No, I'm afraid an update means just that --- touching base to keep you on side during the process.

Brum doesn't generally hang around before making offers, though.
Reply 23
Original post by Harrietcrossin
Congrats!!! This late in the evening?!!!

I got the email around 4 today but only just saw this thread lol but thanks!!
Reply 24
Original post by 学生の父
Congratulations! That's the first Birmingham offer I've seen this year.

Were the conditions what you expected?

thank you and ye i have yet to hear others but theres bound to be. and nope they lowered my requirements by 2 grades!!!
got an attainment offer from Birmingham!
I got my offer from Birmingham to do Politics and IR at 12 today!!!!
Original post by xozxexo
Course: business management and marketing
Other unis: Loughborough, Aston, Nottingham Trent and Birmingham City (as you can see I wanna end up in Birmingham haha)

Predicted grades: D*A*A
AS grades: Distinction ABB

with these grades u coulda gone for uni of birmingham, why didnt u
Course: MEng Engineering (didn't study physics a-level so would potentially like to explore the route of going into mechanical engineering too)
Universities thinking of: Birmingham, Bristol (civil), Portsmouth (safe bet), Southampton
A-Level predicted grades: A, A, B (not the brightest student I know)
GCSE grades: 2 7's, 6, 1 A, 6 B's
Extra curricular: tutor in mathematics, taking part in the UKMT, go to the gym regularly

If anyone can help me out I'd be very grateful, but basically entry requirements for MEng Engineering is AAA, however, using Birmingham offer calculator with AAB plus my living conditions, etc, it says I will be likely to receive an offer. Does this mean my predicted grades NEED to be AAA or can they be AAB?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by nathan_nacu
with these grades u coulda gone for uni of birmingham, why didnt u

This is the uni of Birmingham thread! I did apply there- it is my first choice, it just said to state other unis
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by xozxexo
This is the uni of Birmingham thread! I did apply there- this it is my first choice, it just said to state other unis

ooooooooh looool I'm so silly
Original post by nathan_nacu
ooooooooh looool I'm so silly

its okay haha easy mistake :smile:
Congrats! When did you submit your application? I submitted mine on the 10th of October for BioMed and I'm a bit anxious because I haven't heard anything past getting the e-mail about my application being refered to the Admissions Tutor.
Reply 33
Original post by aetimar1
Congrats! When did you submit your application? I submitted mine on the 10th of October for BioMed and I'm a bit anxious because I haven't heard anything past getting the e-mail about my application being refered to the Admissions Tutor.

Hey, I’m applying for the same course and haven’t heard anything either other than that they’d get back to me in about 15 working days. I submitted my application on the 4th October so I think this should mean you’d hear back around the same time?
Has anyone else applied to study English and Modern Languages?
Original post by srharty
Hey, I’m applying for the same course and haven’t heard anything either other than that they’d get back to me in about 15 working days. I submitted my application on the 4th October so I think this should mean you’d hear back around the same time?

Okay, thank you :smile:. I'm not sure, because my situation is a bit more complicated since I'm applying there for Medicine as well, and I didn't get the 15 day mail, just got the we have refered you to the tutor mail (could be for the medical course too idk, they didn't specify).
Currently studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology and would like to do Chemistry. How long does it take to reply to an application does anyone know?
Original post by luluells
Currently studying Maths, Chemistry and Biology and would like to do Chemistry. How long does it take to reply to an application does anyone know?

I have applied last Friday and have only gotten an acknowledgement email but many others are saying around 10-15 days give or take
What course are you applying for: civil engineering meng
What universities are you thinking of: applied to Glasgow, Edinburgh and Bristol as well but really just torn between Birmingham and Leeds (yet to visit Leeds though)
A level / IB / Higher predicted grades: taken 2 gap years so AAA (physics maths drama)
GCSE grades: 5xA* 4xA B
Reply 39
I got an offer today for Geography with an International Year (MSci)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending