The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Official University of Worcester Applicant Thread for 2024

Hi there,

Welcome to the official University of Worcester Applicant Thread for 2024! Here, you have the opportunity to meet and chat with fellow applicants and ask any questions you want regarding applying to University of Worcester.

Below are some icebreaker questions to help you get started:

“What course are you applying for?”
“Will you be attending any Open Days?”
“How are you feeling about starting University?”

Get involved in more conversations by visiting our directory here and join in with the Yr 13 Chat thread here.

Good luck and happy posting!

Scroll to see replies

Hi!! I attended the open day recently and thought it was great. The staff and student volunteers were amazing! Keeping everything crossed for a successful application!
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 2
I’m applying for Adult Nursing for March 2025 and i’ve got a conditional offer. Does anyone apply for this course for March 2025 or just me? I know it’s too early for that.
Original post by Daisy7189
I’m applying for Adult Nursing for March 2025 and i’ve got a conditional offer. Does anyone apply for this course for March 2025 or just me? I know it’s too early for that.

I'm starting midwifery in February 2025 😊 got my conditional offer a few hours after my interview
Reply 4
Original post by Forever-hopeful
I'm starting midwifery in February 2025 😊 got my conditional offer a few hours after my interview

Ah, congratulations!! Are you sixth form student or mature student?
Ah, congratulations!! Are you sixth form student or mature student?

A mature student, you?
Reply 6
A mature student, you?

Same, i’m 34 now and will be 36 by the time i’m starting the course. I’m doing the Access course now.
Same, i’m 34 now and will be 36 by the time i’m starting the course. I’m doing the Access course now.

Me too! I'm almost halfway through with Learn direct. I just turned 35 a few weeks ago
Reply 8
Ah, how do you find the Access course with learndirect. I’ve finished Access to Business Management with them last month. Now i’m doing access to nursing with Mediprospects which started in September. I’m turning 35 next month.
Ah, how do you find the Access course with learndirect. I’ve finished Access to Business Management with them last month. Now i’m doing access to nursing with Mediprospects which started in September. I’m turning 35 next month.

It's okay, although Monday is my study day and the website was down all day which was annoying and really set me back. Ooh that sounds interesting! Ah the midway 30 gang 😅 welcome! Where are you from?
Reply 10
It's okay, although Monday is my study day and the website was down all day which was annoying and really set me back. Ooh that sounds interesting! Ah the midway 30 gang 😅 welcome! Where are you from?

Ah, i didn’t know they do live lessons. As when i did access to business, there was no live lessons, o ly self-study. I’m from Vietnam, living in Redditch. How about you?
I’d say if you have the option to go to another university take it!!
Original post by de chalain
I’d say if you have the option to go to another university take it!!

Why do you say that?
Ah, i didn’t know they do live lessons. As when i did access to business, there was no live lessons, o ly self-study. I’m from Vietnam, living in Redditch. How about you?

If you email the admin team or head of access they can add live lessons for you. Ooh nice, I live in Gloucestershire
Why do you say that?

Student support is lacking, no activities that are actually available to anyone unless you’re part of a club etc. And even those are minimal. Everything you have to pay for. Courses structures are very “winging it” and it’s clear the only thing the uni is after is your money
Have you tried making your concerns known to the Board of Governors.
Original post by de chalain

Student support is lacking, no activities that are actually available to anyone unless you’re part of a club etc. And even those are minimal. Everything you have to pay for. Courses structures are very “winging it” and it’s clear the only thing the uni is after is your money

I know the Vice Chancellor personally. Tell me your concerns and I'll pass them on.
Reply 17
I've applied for Education studies as a mature student 🤞🏻
hi! has anyone applied for September 2024?
Reply 19
Original post by Anonymous #1
hi! has anyone applied for September 2024?

Yes, I've got an offer for Education studies. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending