The Student Room Group

Speaking and Listening

The task is we must deliver a 5 minute speech on a topic of our choice, entirely free range. Did you do anything similar? what did you do for your Speaking and Listening Exam?
I did mine last year. It was a piece of piss, me and my mate did it together and literally made it 3 days before the exam day. We only found out the grade from our teacher but it didn’t even show up on our results or anything. Doesn’t mean anything , I don’t even have proof that I did it
I completed my speaking and listening exam two years ago now. It's honestly not too bad, make sure to plan and make a script to learn beforehand. Do you have any topics that interest you at the moment? If so, you could use that as your topic perhaps.
Reply 3
in the end I've decided to do the impact of social media on our lives answering the questions of are mobile phones good and is social media good?
Original post by Deccyboy
in the end I've decided to do the impact of social media on our lives answering the questions of are mobile phones good and is social media good?

That sounds like a really interesting topic! I did mine a year ago and it was fine, just remember to look up and around when you’re presenting, and develop your answers to the questions :smile: Good luck!
Reply 5
Thank you!! 😊
Reply 6
Well, with it being quite a controversial topic I need to deliver it with an open mind of course. I currently have many plans to use inside of the speech itself including but not limited to; statistics, three part lists and more. After watching some previous students speeches in class and even watching famous people deliver a speech I found it hurts the grade if you mention your own stories too.much

Quick Reply

Latest