The Student Room Group

iGCSE grades and my concerns

Im in year 12 rn but I didn't do too well in my iGCSE's i got 3B's 3C's and 1 A* and im worried this will affect my uni application although few unis got back to me and told me that they dont consider iGCSE results when accessing applications so should i be worried
Original post by sushimia
Im in year 12 rn but I didn't do too well in my iGCSE's i got 3B's 3C's and 1 A* and im worried this will affect my uni application although few unis got back to me and told me that they dont consider iGCSE results when accessing applications so should i be worried

What universities are you looking at? And for what degree in particular? Your iGCCSs seem okay, which universities did you contact in the first place?

There’s no need to be worried because you have your qualifications, it’s just about finding which university will take you.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Hazzabear
What universities are you looking at? And for what degree in particular? Your iGCCSs seem okay, which universities did you contact in the first place?

There’s no need to be worried because you have your qualifications, it’s just about finding which university will take you.

Im going for medicine and Imperial is the one that got back to me and that's my first choice. I'll also be applying to King's, UCL, uni of birmingham, queen mary, uni of exeter and st. george's. I am pretty motivated to work hard on my A levels so im hoping with a solid A*AA i'll still be considered
Original post by sushimia
Im going for medicine and Imperial is the one that got back to me and that's my first choice. I'll also be applying to King's, UCL, uni of birmingham, queen mary, uni of exeter and st. george's. I am pretty motivated to work hard on my A levels so im hoping with a solid A*AA i'll still be considered

Do they accept your iGCSE grades?
Reply 4
Original post by Hazzabear
Do they accept your iGCSE grades?

yea as far as i know, i meet the requirement for imperial, ucl and king's and to me thats good enough because its mostly imperial that i care about
Reply 5
They want to see consistency in performance. You can’t do extremely bad in gcses and hope to cover it with amazing A level grades, although your gcse grades aren’t all that bad so don’t worry - primary focus is always on A level grades but just so you know, GCSEs aren’t completely ignored; more so with Oxbridge too
Reply 6
Original post by hehe_x
They want to see consistency in performance. You can’t do extremely bad in gcses and hope to cover it with amazing A level grades, although your gcse grades aren’t all that bad so don’t worry - primary focus is always on A level grades but just so you know, GCSEs aren’t completely ignored; more so with Oxbridge too

thank u so much!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending