The Student Room Group

GCSEs FOR MEDICAL SCHOOL

Heyy,
So currently Im doing geo, german, french, english lit & lang, maths & further maths, triple science, RS
And I'm thinking of dropping RS. However, Im quite worried that medical schools won't accept me because I have dropped a subject. Do you think I can still get in even if I drop RS?
Original post by yoursunshinexx
Heyy,
So currently Im doing geo, german, french, english lit & lang, maths & further maths, triple science, RS
And I'm thinking of dropping RS. However, Im quite worried that medical schools won't accept me because I have dropped a subject. Do you think I can still get in even if I drop RS?

A medical school will not know if you dropped rs, unless you’re started an examination within the course.
thank you so much for your reply! :smile:
So do I still have a high chance of getting into medical school with these GCSEs excluding RS?
medical schools don't really care about what GCSEs you have done except for maths English and some care about triple science.
Original post by warriorjeff
medical schools don't really care about what GCSEs you have done except for maths English and some care about triple science.

Most universities will care about your GCSE.
Original post by yoursunshinexx
thank you so much for your reply! :smile:
So do I still have a high chance of getting into medical school with these GCSEs excluding RS?

It depends on what grade you get and what a levels you decide to do.
Original post by Hazzabear
Most universities will care about your GCSE

What I know medical students with B's LOL (for GCSE grades)
Returning to the original question...yes, you can drop RS. It will have no negative impact on your med school application and a positive one if your other grades are higher as a result. :smile:
Good luck!
thank youuu so much really appreciate it :smile:
have a great weekend!
Original post by Ashleyh12345
Returning to the original question...yes, you can drop RS. It will have no negative impact on your med school application and a positive one if your other grades are higher as a result. :smile:
Good luck!

thank youuu so much :smile: xx

Quick Reply

Latest