The Student Room Group

English Language Paper 2.

i’m currently in year 10. tomorrow i have an english test. i don’t actually have my book to revise from which had my notes and i needed to know how to answer the paper 2 questions. i know that number 1 is just a tick question, but with number 2-5 i don’t know how many paragraphs to write and what type. i think number 2 is 2 Point Evidence Explain Point Evidence Explain paragraphs but i’m unsure about the rest.
Reply 1
Question 2 is comparison/similarity question. It's 8 marks, so around 2 or 3 paragraphs, all you do is find similarities or differences (whatever the question asks for) between the sources and back up using evidence, probably spend 10 minutes on this question. The examiner doesn't want what the audience feels from it, you state a similarity/difference and use evidence to prove.

Question 3 is analysing language, just like paper 1 stuff, spend around 15 minutes on this. Point, evidence, explanation, maybe 3 to 4 paragraphs.

Question 4 is analysing both sources, you have to talk about the perspectives of the writers, make sure to pick out language features to explain what you're talking about, basically make sure you use plenty of evidence. This one is worth 16 marks so make sure you spend at least 20 minutes on it.

Question 5 is when you get a statement regarding a random topic, think about the form of the piece (article, letter, speech, etc) and the audience and use language you deem appropriate, this is 40 marks, 16 of those are for technical accuracy, so use different sentence types and vary vocabulary, this question is the best opportunity to show off your writing skill.

I'd recommend watching Mr Bruff's videos on youtube, he explains each paper in detail and has some great revision material, helped me a lot and I got a 9 in English Language, hope this helps, good luck!
Reply 2
you got a 9, that’s so good wtf-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending