The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow international foundation year

Hello can anyone tell me about their experience in GIC? And how is Glasgow as a city in terms of expense, weather and lifestyle
It's just like high school, they take attendance for everything, and the timetable is packed. You'd expect to study up to 5 subjects per semester, with 2-hour lectures and seminars. You'll be studying A-level equivalent stuff, which is not that hard. You'll also have access to all the uni facilities, library, gym...but the college itself is a small single building, with absolutely nothing in it. I'm in 2nd year of uni right now, and I think the transition went pretty well. However, it's almost impossible to transfer to English unis after completing the program since the grading systems are different. The weather is ****e, constantly raining and always windy, but groceries are cheap, there's plenty of student accommodations nearby. From high end ones like Vita Student to average ones like Kelvin Court. Travel wise, Glasgow is the 2nd city in UK with a subway system, but it's a rather tiny one. In case you want to get to the city centre, it's very convenient. If you want to save money, you definitely can since everything is within walking distance. Lot's of bars and restaurants near gic, you definitely won't be bored.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending