The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

LIPA 2020 Accomodation

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if you could help me answer some questions as I’m a bit nervous about uni.
I am currently having a gap year and will be joining LIPA in 2020 for the management course!

Do you know how much you are in uni for this course as I’ve heard it’s really full on and you are in everyday?

Also I have NO IDEA what to do about Accomodation as I looooove going out! I am on the course because I want to eventually own a festival. I love techno/ house tech and raves so I want to be in a flat with people that are willing to go out (clubbing as well) even if they are in uni everyday. Is there any particular LIPA Accomodation that tends to go out more or is more sociable??

Also I’m really scared about making friends as I’m quite a down to earth person. I love drama and have attended drama schools since a young age but I find that many students are as some people would describe “up their own arse” and I’ve always been lucky to make a little group of friends that are more similar to me.

Sorry that is so long, I am a really indecisive person and just want to make sure that LIPA is the right place for me because if it’s not I have to reapply for different uni’s ASAP.

I do think the uni and course looks amazing and I would love to study there!! It’s just the sociable side that is putting me off as I am very very sociable.
Yeah I'm going to LIPA on an acting foundation course next year and I'm having the same problem! Like I LOVE going out and social life is very important for me. But at my audition I remember asking a second year about the night life and apparently it is very good because you're in Liverpool and you're surrounded by clubs and raves etc. I know for the acting courses as it is very intense you don't go out every night, its more of a weekend thing. And all the campuses nearby are like halls so I'm sure it'll be fine!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
No idea about the course, but in terms of accommodation look online, some great deals out there. If you want a house vibe then go for "seel street students” (Google that), I used to live at 50 seel street, a 14 bed house and the parties were great. If you want to be in halls then grand Central has a great location and Marybone is cheap and cheerful. Don't be sucked into paying too much for accom, I never paid more than £92 a week and had a great uni experience.
Original post by tomlam
No idea about the course, but in terms of accommodation look online, some great deals out there. If you want a house vibe then go for "seel street students” (Google that), I used to live at 50 seel street, a 14 bed house and the parties were great. If you want to be in halls then grand Central has a great location and Marybone is cheap and cheerful. Don't be sucked into paying too much for accom, I never paid more than £92 a week and had a great uni experience.

That’s helpful thanks but do you know anything about grenville street? I’ve been looking at them and was wondering what it’s like :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
That’s helpful thanks but do you know anything about grenville street? I’ve been looking at them and was wondering what it’s like :smile:

Grenville Street is nice and new, a bit pricey though, especially considering Chinatown isn't the most wonderful area to live in. Still, nicer than LJMU's byrom street campus area.
Where did everyone end up choosing in the end? I can't decide! I'm on the Music course!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if you could help me answer some questions as I’m a bit nervous about uni.
I am currently having a gap year and will be joining LIPA in 2020 for the management course!

Do you know how much you are in uni for this course as I’ve heard it’s really full on and you are in everyday?

Also I have NO IDEA what to do about Accomodation as I looooove going out! I am on the course because I want to eventually own a festival. I love techno/ house tech and raves so I want to be in a flat with people that are willing to go out (clubbing as well) even if they are in uni everyday. Is there any particular LIPA Accomodation that tends to go out more or is more sociable??

Also I’m really scared about making friends as I’m quite a down to earth person. I love drama and have attended drama schools since a young age but I find that many students are as some people would describe “up their own arse” and I’ve always been lucky to make a little group of friends that are more similar to me.

Sorry that is so long, I am a really indecisive person and just want to make sure that LIPA is the right place for me because if it’s not I have to reapply for different uni’s ASAP.

I do think the uni and course looks amazing and I would love to study there!! It’s just the sociable side that is putting me off as I am very very sociable.

Hey I’m starting management in September as well:smile:
I have a room available at ST Luke’s. £158 a week starting September for academic year. ST Luke’s is also nearly sold out. I also know the girls in my flat and she’s also doing what you’re doing. I don’t need this accommodation anymore due to me getting into uni of feel free to message me.
Hey lovely ☺️I am also in the management course,
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending