The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds vs Birmingham uni

Hiya!
I currently can’t decide whether to pick Geography and urban and regional planning at Birmingham, or human geography with transport at Leeds. So ones a joint honours and the other with a minor I guess. I did my first year in Lancaster studying business and hated it because of the maths aspect so I’m trying to avoid difficult maths this time round.

I’ve been to the open days at each uni and imo:
Accommodation is better at Leeds, cities are similar in terms of nightlife but Leeds is ‘safer and nicee’ I guess, courses are both good, Birmingham’s gym is much better than Leeds’, accommodation at Birmingham is also further away from the main campus than at Leeds, and in terms of ranks they are both similar so it’s difficult to decide.

Any help would be appreciated! Which course has more job prospects? which uni in your opinion do you prefer? Etc. Also the course at Birmingham has physical geography first year, which could be bad depending on how hard it is (I prefer human much more). At the open days they said there isn’t much maths/science but I don’t wanna make the same mistake again. Thanks everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest