The Student Room Group

Becoming an entrepreneur

Iv been reading lots recently and listening to lots of successful entrepreneurs and billionaires and carefully taking on all their advice .

Iv not been the smartest in my life
Eg ( not studied diligently through out my school and reading 50 books a year or started a business when I was really young like some people ) so I didn’t have the best grades or learn as much as I should :/
So I was wondering to become an entrepreneur do you have to be basically born with the skills / already have the innate ability to demonstrate all the key entrepreneur qualities people like bill gates warren buffet dan Pena etc they all seemed natural born geniuses set apart from the average people obviously but
is it useless someone like me trying to learn when I don’t have a innate ability and I’m not wealthy etc...
I sort of really want to get better but it might be useless me even trying to learn more etc...
If you have been listening to other entrepreneurs you will know not all of them have been booksmart or have been particularly wealthy.

Jo Malone - dyslexic and started her business from her kitchen table
Levi Roots - couldnt read or write, went to jail, sold his sauce at london carnival

everything is possible so don't be discouraged.

Original post by hangulmaster
Iv been reading lots recently and listening to lots of successful entrepreneurs and billionaires and carefully taking on all their advice .

Iv not been the smartest in my life
Eg ( not studied diligently through out my school and reading 50 books a year or started a business when I was really young like some people ) so I didn’t have the best grades or learn as much as I should :/
So I was wondering to become an entrepreneur do you have to be basically born with the skills / already have the innate ability to demonstrate all the key entrepreneur qualities people like bill gates warren buffet dan Pena etc they all seemed natural born geniuses set apart from the average people obviously but
is it useless someone like me trying to learn when I don’t have a innate ability and I’m not wealthy etc...
I sort of really want to get better but it might be useless me even trying to learn more etc...

Disclaimer: i'm not an entrepreneur in any way so don't listen to what i'm about to say, the extent of my knowledge is making about £200 from washing cars for £5 per car

Just get started, if you wait around thinking about what to do you'll never start.

Quick Reply

Latest