The Student Room Group

Can I change my career to Economics in the UK With a UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma?

I'm now in my last year of my 2 year UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design: Animation and illustration, but, I want to change my career path to economics and management. I just realised that I wanted to change, before this I was and still am passionate about art, however, I want to study economics as I am interested in the subject and I personally think that this is a wonderful career to learn to be an entrepreneur with experience over time which is my final goal. I would love any advice on the matter either if my qualification is recognised and equal to other qualifications, if I am not too late to do something. Thanks
Original post by bear the sadic
I'm now in my last year of my 2 year UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design: Animation and illustration, but, I want to change my career path to economics and management. I just realised that I wanted to change, before this I was and still am passionate about art, however, I want to study economics as I am interested in the subject and I personally think that this is a wonderful career to learn to be an entrepreneur with experience over time which is my final goal. I would love any advice on the matter either if my qualification is recognised and equal to other qualifications, if I am not too late to do something. Thanks

Generally UAL are only meant for Art and Design courses and are not accepted for other courses although some universities will accept it.

Economics is a Mathematical subject and UAL wont give you the background needed for this. Most top universities will require A level Maths for Economics. Some other universities will have set GCSE requirements for Maths. You need to do your research to see what universities will accept you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending