The Student Room Group

Can human body obtain glucose from animal products? ( Photosynthesis)

I understand that to gain glucose you have to eat plant based products, but what about glycogen stored in animals???
I think you need to look up what "photosynthesis" means.
I mean the animals get their glucose from plants no? It's a chain - a sort of: "food" chain.
Original post by black tea
I think you need to look up what "photosynthesis" means.

lol it is a question from the photosynthesis chapter in my book so that's why i asked
Original post by angelike1
I mean the animals get their glucose from plants no? It's a chain - a sort of: "food" chain.

yeah i get that but can i get glucose from glycogen stored in the meat??
Reply 5
Original post by nanachan123
I understand that to gain glucose you have to eat plant based products, but what about glycogen stored in animals???

1. Glucose is a simple sugar/ simple carb - soluble in water.
2. Glycogen is complex a carb - insoluble in water and is the form organisms store its glucose for later use.
3. Humans can only use a little glucose so any left over glucose is turned into glycogen and stored in muscles and liver cells. When these are full up - any more left over glucose is then turned into lipids and stored under the skin as fat.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by nanachan123
yeah i get that but can i get glucose from glycogen stored in the meat??

I think because most of the glycogen is stored in the liver, you wont get much from just meat.
Reply 7
I think because most of the glycogen is stored in the liver, you wont get much from just meat.

what if u eat the liver though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending