The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Biology B Paper 2: 9BI0 02 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the exam go for you?

"

Edexcel A Level Biology B Paper 2: Advanced Physiology Evolution and Ecology 9BI0 02 - 17 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 17th June AM
Length: 1h45

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:"

Scroll to see replies

What topics not on the advance info are you guys expecting?
Original post by sealaandians
What topics not on the advance info are you guys expecting?

maybe anything to do with the nervous system
is anyone going over non advanced info topics
Original post by Rahand2004
is anyone going over non advanced info topics

i'm going to skim over it but not in detail - there are only 9 questions on the paper and they've given us 10 spec points so hopefully, not too much non-advanced info will come up :/
Can someone explain secondary AT in the PCT? always confuses me
Original post by fan1112
Can someone explain secondary AT in the PCT? always confuses me

so the cells lining the pct actively pump out na+ out of their cells causing a build up of na+ ions on the outside. this electrochemical gradient will cause the na+ to want to move back into the pct cell but the only was the na+ ions can move back into the pct cells is via a carrier protein which works only when glucose is bonded to it so that way all the glucose in the filtrate is reabsorbed
the pct cells have microvilli on their surface (basically just a highly folded surface membrane) which increases the sa so that more of these carrier proteins can be fitted into the membrane. the pct cells also have lots of mitochondria to make the atp needed for the active transport of na+ out of the pct cells.

hope that helps, good luck for tomo!!
Original post by sym06
so the cells lining the pct actively pump out na+ out of their cells causing a build up of na+ ions on the outside. this electrochemical gradient will cause the na+ to want to move back into the pct cell but the only was the na+ ions can move back into the pct cells is via a carrier protein which works only when glucose is bonded to it so that way all the glucose in the filtrate is reabsorbed
the pct cells have microvilli on their surface (basically just a highly folded surface membrane) which increases the sa so that more of these carrier proteins can be fitted into the membrane. the pct cells also have lots of mitochondria to make the atp needed for the active transport of na+ out of the pct cells.

hope that helps, good luck for tomo!!

Tysm that really helps, you too!!
How did the exam go?
That was so much better than the first paper
Original post by Eddemundos
That was so much better than the first paper

Facttttsssss
Original post by Mythical Pingu
How did the exam go?

i found the exam really easy, i did minimal revision but that exam was so good. what did people put for the last question about CITES?
lol same if you revised your are pretty dumb
Original post by maddbiology
i found the exam really easy, i did minimal revision but that exam was so good. what did people put for the last question about CITES?
Multiple choice answers:

Phophodiester bond,
Less Auxin More Cytokinin,
Smooth endoplasmic reticulum,
Correlation Coefficient,
Medulla oblongata,
Noroadrenaline sympathetic,
W and X,
B glucose.

Did yous get these answers? And did I miss any other multiple choice questions?
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Rahand2004
lol same if you revised your are pretty dumb

U haven’t even got ur result back mate
What did people put for the one about the human gene similar to the mice gene? It was something like explain the differences in the base pairs and mRNA produced?? Was 6 marks

SOZ WRONG EXAM BOARD AHA
(edited 1 year ago)
Wait what we’re the questions about sexual reproduction in mammals and gene pools??
What did everyone get for the hardy weinberg one?
Original post by fan1112
What did everyone get for the hardy weinberg one?

whats the volume?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending