The Student Room Group

OCR A GCSE Biology Paper 3 Higher Tier [16th May 2023] Exam Chat

Poll

How did the OCR GCSE Biology Higher Triple Paper 1 exam go for you?

OCR A GCSE Biology Paper 3 Higher Tier | 16th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.

Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 16th May 2023 AM
Length: 1h 45m

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Biology Study Group 2022-2023
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2023

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else doing this exam board??
You can call me Aquila. I want a 9 in Biology and it's what I'm predicted, however I'm slightly freaking out because I hate this paper so much. Last time I did it was end of year 10 in year 10 mocks and I got 59/90 which was not great...
I'm struggling with B1 because we did part of it in online school in year 9 and part of it we just didn't get taught because our teacher got fired! Also B3 is so much content, there is not really a way to make it up like in other exams.
Reply 2
Original post by eagleflight
You can call me Aquila. I want a 9 in Biology and it's what I'm predicted, however I'm slightly freaking out because I hate this paper so much. Last time I did it was end of year 10 in year 10 mocks and I got 59/90 which was not great...
I'm struggling with B1 because we did part of it in online school in year 9 and part of it we just didn't get taught because our teacher got fired! Also B3 is so much content, there is not really a way to make it up like in other exams.

https://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/pdf-pages/?pdf=https%3A%2F%2Fpmt.physicsandmathstutor.com%2Fdownload%2FBiology%2FGCSE%2FNotes%2FOCR-A%2F1-Cell-Level-Systems%2FDetailed%2520Notes%2520-%2520Topic%25201%2520Cell%2520Level%2520Systems%2520-%2520OCR%2520(A)%2520Biology%2520GCSE.pdf
this is a bit late, but it should have some useful notes on b1
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by eagleflight

YEAAA i hate how theres no summarised paper 3 for ocr bio i always see it for aqa and its so annoying like
also dw im aiming for a 9 too and i literally got 42/90 last year...
Reply 5
Original post by imcr1122
YEAAA i hate how theres no summarised paper 3 for ocr bio i always see it for aqa and its so annoying like
also dw im aiming for a 9 too and i literally got 42/90 last year...

have you watched wright science? my school keeps recommending that youtube channel, and I've found the chemistry videos are actually pretty helpful, so hopefully the biology ones are too (I'm going to watch some this evening as some last minute cramming)
Does anyone have any predictions?
Reply 7
did it today and found it easy :biggrin: - how did everyone else find it
Original post by 3mily567
did it today and found it easy :biggrin: - how did everyone else find it

Hey congratulations! :smile: Will add a poll so people can vote on how they found it :smile:
Reply 9
(Original post by 3mily567)did it today and found it easy :biggrin: - how did everyone else find it
what did you put for microscope question i put electron microscope
Reply 10
i found the paper easy
Original post by Ujaval
i found the paper easy

Congratulations :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by abizz
(Original post by 3mily567)did it today and found it easy :biggrin: - how did everyone else find it

same
Original post by abizz

i put electron as well!!

What did you put for the IVF table with 10 women with completely different no.s of eggs?
Reply 14
Original post by pen_to_paper
i put electron as well!!

What did you put for the IVF table with 10 women with completely different no.s of eggs?

i stated the most common number of eggs(8) and the highest amount (24)
Reply 15
Original post by pen_to_paper
i put electron as well!!

I just said that there is no correlation but that most women had from 9 to 11 eggs
Original post by marwa_123
I just said that there is no correlation but that most women had from 9 to 11 eggs

ah ok. I just wrote about how there were usually quite a lot of eggs with stats, and then about how there was no relationship or correlation
what did you get for the pineapple question with the enzymes
Reply 18
Original post by Manutdfan221
what did you get for the pineapple question with the enzymes

Since the canned pineapple was treated with heat the enzyme in the pineapple denatured meaning it couldn't break down the gelatine which allowed it to set. Since the fresh pineapple didn't get treated with heat the enzyme remained and broke down the gelatine meaning the jelly couldn't set
Original post by wsfgbuwruk
Since the canned pineapple was treated with heat the enzyme in the pineapple denatured meaning it couldn't break down the gelatine which allowed it to set. Since the fresh pineapple didn't get treated with heat the enzyme remained and broke down the gelatine meaning the jelly couldn't set

ah ok that probably could be right cus my friend was saying something like this but didnt explain it as well to me.I said the tinned pineapple enzymes had more energy and worked faster colliding more w substrates etc and I was fairly confident tbh.Ig we'll just have to wait and see then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending