The Student Room Group

Personal statement

I really need help with my personal statement for my ucas I want to study mechanical engineering but Im not sure what to include in my personal statement would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks
If you go on websites such as LSE Manchester and oxford they sometimes tell you what qualities they’re looking for in students who do these subjects. When including stuff in your personal statement you can include some of these qualities
Mechanical Engineering is a vocational engineeringsubject so they are most probably looking for a good paragraph on work experience and what it’s taught you
If your really struggling you can mention your subjects and how they will help you and how they have helped you already in the course
You could also mention a book you’ve read or something about mechanical engineering you find interesting in particular - I do law so I mentioned a specific article that wasn’t part of the A level spec- anythigg nag you find interesting tbh
Don’t forget to add extra curricular activities such as volenteering mentoring being an ambassador as they are looking for well rounded students
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by Humairaahpatel
If you go on websites such as LSE Manchester and oxford they sometimes tell you what qualities they’re looking for in students who do these subjects. When including stuff in your personal statement you can include some of these qualities
Mechanical Engineering is a vocational engineeringsubject so they are most probably looking for a good paragraph on work experience and what it’s taught you
If your really struggling you can mention your subjects and how they will help you and how they have helped you already in the course
You could also mention a book you’ve read or something about mechanical engineering you find interesting in particular - I do law so I mentioned a specific article that wasn’t part of the A level spec- anythigg nag you find interesting tbh
Don’t forget to add extra curricular activities such as volenteering mentoring being an ambassador as they are looking for well rounded students
Good luck!

Thanks so much what you mentioned is really helpful I will definitely include these in my statement. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending