The Student Room Group

2020 Consulting Graduate Applications

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone else only just receive an email from IBM confirming they have received the video interview and are reviewing it even though they completed it weeks ago? Unsure if this is normal.
Some Strategy& Assessment Center invitations (Graduate roles) just got released
Hey all, I got a strategy& AC. Genuine question but how reputable is strategy& in the consulting industry compared to the other consulting firms e.g. mbb. I'm quite torn currently whether I want to pursue a career in consulting or finance.
Original post by longsightdon
Hey all, I got a strategy& AC. Genuine question but how reputable is strategy& in the consulting industry compared to the other consulting firms e.g. mbb. I'm quite torn currently whether I want to pursue a career in consulting or finance.

MBB is on a league of a it’s own. Don’t get me wrong, strategy& is well respected but it’s comparable s are likes of EY-Parthenon, monitor, OC&C, LEK etc. In my opinion
Original post by PeepDeep
Which Atkins scheme did you apply for?

I've gone for the project management one, and although I completed the "application" stage in early October I haven't been asked to do an online test so I'm presuming it's going to be a rejection.

The management consulting scheme. Had the AC yesterday, honestly it was a pretty good experience. All the staff were really nice and it was overall a pretty relaxed environment.

Have Newton on Monday so going to look into some post-lunch activities to do in Oxford :wink: Then have first round LEK on Friday. Not sure what to expect from that.
Has anyone done the OC&C test yet? Any tips?
Reply 46
Original post by readingbedding
The management consulting scheme. Had the AC yesterday, honestly it was a pretty good experience. All the staff were really nice and it was overall a pretty relaxed environment.
Have Newton on Monday so going to look into some post-lunch activities to do in Oxford :wink: Then have first round LEK on Friday. Not sure what to expect from that.

Have you already done the LEK numerical test in-person? I have mine on Tuesday (even though I've already done the online one..)

How long after the LEK test did you get invited to the interview?
Original post by ccsw123
Have you already done the LEK numerical test in-person? I have mine on Tuesday (even though I've already done the online one..)

No, I have it on Friday along with two 45 minute interviews. Usually the in-person ones are just to check it was you doing the online ones, I'm not sure if they will be any harder (though wouldn't really be surprised if they are).

Original post by SWISH99
How long after the LEK test did you get invited to the interview?

Quite a while. 5 weeks or so.
Reply 49
@avocado1 what test are you referring to for oc
Original post by lj1998
@avocado1 what test are you referring to for oc

Got sent their maths/problem solving test this week. Just did it today and it wasn't that bad, was expecting worse
Reply 51
Original post by avocado1
Got sent their maths/problem solving test this week. Just did it today and it wasn't that bad, was expecting worse

Is it cased based at all? Or basically just numerical
Original post by jg1533
Is it cased based at all? Or basically just numerical

Just numerical, very similar to GMAT format
Did anyone hear back from OC&C / RB?

Is S& still giving out AC invitations or is it pretty much over?

Also, I did my EY-P interview earlier this week, did anyone hear back with regards to final-round invitations?

Got MBB and LEK first rounds this coming week - any tips would be appreciated!
(edited 4 years ago)
No, I have it on Friday along with two 45 minute interviews. Usually the in-person ones are just to check it was you doing the online ones, I'm not sure if they will be any harder (though wouldn't really be surprised if they are).

Quite a while. 5 weeks or so.

Sorry bit confused - I thought LEK just did in-person maths tests last week? Did you manage to skip that stage?
Original post by Teemomain7
Did anyone hear back from OC&C / RB?

Is S& still giving out AC invitations or is it pretty much over?

Also, I did my EY-P interview earlier this week, did anyone hear back with regards to final-round invitations?

Got MBB and LEK first rounds this coming week - any tips would be appreciated!

Also had EY-P, haven't heard back yet, but I think they said we'd hear today!

On that note, has anyone heard anything from Roland Berger?
Original post by ccsw123

Weren't the in person tests all last week (i.e. the week starting the 11th of Nov)? If you've got it coming up this week, I've still got some hope left that maybe I did pass the test and they're just waiting for everyone to complete it before sending out interviews (I sat mine on the 15th - thought that was the last day of tests)

ETA: corrected myself
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by angel face 9965
Weren't the in person tests all last week (i.e. the week starting the 11th of Nov)? If you've got it coming up this week, I've still got some hope left that maybe I did pass the test and they're just waiting for everyone to complete it before sending out interviews (I sat mine on the 15th - thought that was the last day of tests)

ETA: corrected myself

How was the LEK in-person test? Was there much geometry/more complicated maths required?
Original post by ccsw123
How was the LEK in-person test? Was there much geometry/more complicated maths required?

Not really no, the maths that was required was of a similar level, although I will say that some of the questions were q different compared to the online test (not more difficult per se, but unexpected). I found the test harder, but some others I spoke to said they found it easier compared to the online one, so tbh who knows. Are you sitting it sometime soon?
Reply 58
Original post by angel face 9965
Not really no, the maths that was required was of a similar level, although I will say that some of the questions were q different compared to the online test (not more difficult per se, but unexpected). I found the test harder, but some others I spoke to said they found it easier compared to the online one, so tbh who knows. Are you sitting it sometime soon?

that's good to know, thanks! Yes, this week, but haven't had a lot of time to prepare so was feeling a bit nervous!
Original post by ccsw123
that's good to know, thanks! Yes, this week, but haven't had a lot of time to prepare so was feeling a bit nervous!

Are you doing just the test or also interviews alongside? I thought the tests were all scheduled for last week, but maybe I misunderstood!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending