The Student Room Group
Working fine for me. Try using the advanced search?
Reply 2
I have this problem if I press enter to execute the search instead of clicking the search button. If you're not clicking the search button to do the search, that should solve your problem.

If not, I dunno.
Reply 3
Arf
I have this problem if I press enter to execute the search instead of clicking the search button. If you're not clicking the search button to do the search, that should solve your problem.

If not, I dunno.

Yeah, that worked :smile:
Pressing enter is just an old habit, I suppose.
Reply 4
Get rid of Herald and forward to a gmail account - serves nerves and facilitates lots of file-keeping.
Reply 5
Yeah, another e-mail client like Thunderbird is the way forward.
Works a treat.
Reply 6
I am not sure why Oxford is unable to provide any more useful email client - my former uni had Outlook, which was abulous, and you would assume those brilliant minds in the IT dep. would be able to create a user-friendly, nice-looking client. For the moment thus I resort to another email account.
Reply 7
yeah, herald is a pile of ****
Reply 8
Does anyone know of a way to make Herald skip back to a certain date or page? I have way too many emails (70 odd pages... I do try to delete stuff, honest).
Not easily. It's very easy on a client such as Thunderbird\Outlook though - would definitely recommend switching.
Reply 10
If I try, I'll end up moaning on TSR because I can't make it work, knowing me :p:
Reply 11
If you use firefox pressing enter works for search, but only pressing the search button works in internet explorer. No clue why. Aren't they changing it to something else, anyway? I'm sure there was an email/notification along those lines.
Reply 12
ixivxivi
If you use firefox pressing enter works for search, but only pressing the search button works in internet explorer. No clue why. Aren't they changing it to something else, anyway? I'm sure there was an email/notification along those lines.

I didn't get any email notification. :ninja:
Reply 13
Athena
Does anyone know of a way to make Herald skip back to a certain date or page? I have way too many emails (70 odd pages... I do try to delete stuff, honest).

I have 116, and I've only been here a year. Still only using up 4%, so I reckon I can just carry on with my no-deletion policy...

Only thing I can think of that could be vaguely useful is that you can set your inbox to show up to 100 emails on one page (go to options). But that's not really what you wanted.

mauritius
I didn't get any email notification. :ninja:

News update that you get when you sign into webmail then? Might explain why you didn't get it? I'm reasonably sure this isn't just a whimiscal dream of mine, but I've been wrong before...
Athena
If I try, I'll end up moaning on TSR because I can't make it work, knowing me :p:

The walkthrough on OUCS is pretty good.
Reply 15
Eurgh. Herald. Awful. The only good thing about it is when it uses the word 'expunge'. That makes me smile :smile:.
Reply 16
guides on oucs about how to set up several different email clients (so if you want to use outlook you can). Just remember it's IMAP not POP3!
mauritius
I am not sure why Oxford is unable to provide any more useful email client - my former uni had Outlook, which was abulous, and you would assume those brilliant minds in the IT dep. would be able to create a user-friendly, nice-looking client. For the moment thus I resort to another email account.

it takes less than five minutes to set up outlook/thunderbid/mac mail to handle your oxford email. its worth doing so too. cos webmail blows.

Latest

Trending

Trending