The Student Room Group

EPQ Project log first person?

Hi, I'm doing my EPQ and I suddenly realised that I've been writing this whole thing so far (the project log) in first person. I've also been writing it slightly informally ("Hi Q, it's me again, so this time I did..."), although I was always going to remove that when I have more energy. But I suddenly thought "Oh sh-t, should I be writing this in third person?". Look, it's late, I'm tired, maybe I'm overthinking this, but any advice about the EPQ- especially the project log- would be super helpful.
I wrote mine in first person but formally, so I'd be like 'This week I sent out my questionnaire to staff and students at my school. Before next lesson I plan to ____' and so on. There's no rules on whether it should be first/third person but I would make it more formal
Reply 2
Original post by thrivingfrog
I wrote mine in first person but formally, so I'd be like 'This week I sent out my questionnaire to staff and students at my school. Before next lesson I plan to ____' and so on. There's no rules on whether it should be first/third person but I would make it more formal

Ah, thank you, that answers my question. Honestly I am worried as my writing style tends to be more 'friendly'... (I enjoy creative writing, perhaps a little too much with the way it leaks into all my work). I just began today's log with "Lo and behold, for I have returned!", so I definitely have some edits to make! I probably shouldn't be using exclamation marks, let alone heraldic language...
Anyway, I really appreciate your response! Have a good day!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending