The Student Room Group

A narrative with the title Write a story about a difficulty you have to overcome?

How would you start this, I want to write about losing a friend. He died by falling down a mountain whilst going climbing with his friend that he knew from a young age.
What you are trying to write is a reflective essay.
Here are some tips BBC Bitesize give:
Pay particular attention to describing your thoughts and feelings about the event, experience, person or thing. Describe your emotions and reactions from the time it took place and from your perspective, to prove you have thought about it and are able to reflect upon it.

Remember your audience. You will probably write about something from your own experience but the reader will be irritated if you keep writing in the first person ("I went", "I did","I saw", "I got") without pausing to put across something more meaningful.

There should always be a sense of development. You need to think about how the experience has changed you or others. You might consider what you have learned about yourself, how you have changed and what you could have done differently.

Statements such as, 'At the time', 'Looking back', and 'I can see now' can start the reflective thinking process.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending