The Student Room Group

Eng lang

Can someone give me an idea for english language paper 1 pls
Reply 1
Original post by That girl addia
Can someone give me an idea for english language paper 1 pls

yh sure, i do AQA though, what exam board do you do?
Original post by sara0131313
yh sure, i do AQA though, what exam board do you do?

Aqa
Reply 3
Original post by That girl addia
Aqa

k so English Language P1 is focused on analysing an extract (that's usually fiction) for Qs 1-4 and then writing a 40 mark creative writing piece for Q5 that'll either be a description or a narrative question (so a story basically). The first four questions are based on the extract... Q1 is pretty straight forward and you just lift info from the extract cause it'll ask you to describe something (eg. the setting) from a selected line range. You have to analyse language for Q2 (from a specific part of the extract and that's stuff like alliteration, nouns, verbs, and figurative lang.) and structure for Q3 (from the whole of the text and that's stuff like the chronology of the text, the starting and ending, cliffhangers, flashbacks etc.). Then for Q4 you just have to agree/disagree with the statement that would be giving an opinion about the extract. Hope that helps :smile:
Original post by sara0131313
k so English Language P1 is focused on analysing an extract (that's usually fiction) for Qs 1-4 and then writing a 40 mark creative writing piece for Q5 that'll either be a description or a narrative question (so a story basically). The first four questions are based on the extract... Q1 is pretty straight forward and you just lift info from the extract cause it'll ask you to describe something (eg. the setting) from a selected line range. You have to analyse language for Q2 (from a specific part of the extract and that's stuff like alliteration, nouns, verbs, and figurative lang.) and structure for Q3 (from the whole of the text and that's stuff like the chronology of the text, the starting and ending, cliffhangers, flashbacks etc.). Then for Q4 you just have to agree/disagree with the statement that would be giving an opinion about the extract. Hope that helps :smile:

I meant the idea for story not the paper, sorry to bother you but I actually need someone's help and one more thing is using the priest story from mr everything English plagiarism
i really need help for my first year 10 mock pls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending