The Student Room Group

CIE A Level Chemistry anyone?

So, does anyone here has, or is preparing for CIE A Level Chemistry?
So, I wanted to know which book you used or are using?
There are 2 endorsed books. The Hodder book is detailed too much and it's difficult to understand it. Also, a lot of things in it are out of syllabus.
The other one by Roger Norris is better in my opinion, but I'm still struggling with Chemistry.
So can you also recommend how can I improve Chemistry?
Thanks.
Hey! I am using the Roger Norris book and I find it well equipped for the syllabus. I would suggest you to do all the self assessment questions and end of chapter questions. then make notes and do as many past papers as you can. This is what I do and it works pretty well for me. Do try it! Good luck! Hope it helps you! :smile:
Original post by apple7171
Hey! I am using the Roger Norris book and I find it well equipped for the syllabus. I would suggest you to do all the self assessment questions and end of chapter questions. then make notes and do as many past papers as you can. This is what I do and it works pretty well for me. Do try it! Good luck! Hope it helps you! :smile:

How many topics have you covered till now?
Just 4 more chapters left, chapter 23,24, 29 and 30.
Just 4 more chapters left, chapter 23,24, 29 and 30.

Oh, so you are in Year 13 I see

Have you tried the endorsed revision guide?
No I didn't but I have it saved on pdf in case i need it sometimes. Haven't looked at it even once though *facepalm*

Original post by Knightrises10
Have you tried the endorsed revision guide?
No I didn't but I have it saved on pdf in case i need it sometimes. Haven't looked at it even once though *facepalm*

Sorry for disturbing again. But did you make notes from Roger Norris?
its alright! Yeah from the textbook.

Original post by Knightrises10
Sorry for disturbing again. But did you make notes from Roger Norris?

Quick Reply

Latest