The Student Room Group

Are your Predicted Grades based on your Mock Results or your Target Grades.

I just want to know if you're predicted Grades ( the ones you send off to college) are your Mock Results or your Target Grades.
Reply 1
Original post by Bashir_GCSE
I just want to know if you're predicted Grades ( the ones you send off to college) are your Mock Results or your Target Grades.

not 100% sure but defo think its your mock results, it just depends when ur applying to a college and your school and how they do things! As for my school is mainly based on mocks but also predicted grades too as mocks are always seen as way harder than real gcse therefore cant really fully judge you on those results .
(edited 4 years ago)

It's up to your school and your teachers to decide how they predict.
Reply 3
Original post by Muttley79
It's up to your school and your teachers to decide how they predict.

so do they base it of the mocks?
yes they do it based on mocks it should be the ones your doing now because most sixth form entries are open now and end around february
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5

It definitely depends on the school, but generally they are based on what you got in mocks (also taking into account what you got in other exams throughout the year as well), and then also sometimes they consider how hard you are working. Eg, I know someone who is predicted a B having gotten a mixture of Es and Cs in Year 12, and then a mixture of Bs and As this year. They averaged it out, and then also considering how she was working much harder this year, predicted her a bit up. They are unlikely to predict you with your 'target grades' (assuming when you say target grades you mean the target grades they calculate at the beginning of Year 12 based on your GCSEs) simply because they are really unlikely to be accurate. Schools are incentivised to make accurate predictions, as they are given a score based on historical data on how well they predicted in the past (eg if a school is consistently over predicting, then the predictions are compared with what the students actually achieved, and they are given a bad score, and universities can see it), so will make sure to predict you as accurately as possible.
so do they base it of the mocks?

Not necessarily - if your mock grades are much higher than your usual work them I might think you've cheated if I've used the summer's paper....

Ditto if your mock is low I wouldn't downgrade you.
Original post by rebeccaxrss
yes they do it based on mocks it should be the ones your doing now because most sixth form entries are open now and end around february

No, not true in many schools.
No, not true in many schools.

wdym by not true lol expand

Schools have different methods, but in most cases it is based on what the teacher things you will get. They may use mocks wholly or significantly for this purpose.
wdym by not true lol expand

Read my other posts about why they might not be.
Read my other posts about why they might not be.

well i think they are most likely to be from your mock results because teachers can't pull out predicted grades from thin air... also they ask for proof of your predicted grades from the school so there would be no assumption of cheating.
well i think they are most likely to be from your mock results because teachers can't pull out predicted grades from thin air... also they ask for proof of your predicted grades from the school so there would be no assumption of cheating.

I'm a teacher and don't always use the mocks nor do my colleagues - it a a mixture of things based on consistent evidence. If someone suddenly gets a grade 8/9 in the mock when normally getting 5/6 that won't be their prediction I can assure you!
I'm a teacher and don't always use the mocks nor do my colleagues - it a a mixture of things based on consistent evidence. If someone suddenly gets a grade 8/9 in the mock when normally getting 5/6 that won't be their prediction I can assure you!

i'm not saying it's going to be their mock results im saying it based of them, it's not that deep im just saying my opinion.
i'm not saying it's going to be their mock results

NO need to be rude - mocks can be disregarded totally as they would in the scenario I posted.
lmao how am i being rude?
lmao how am i being rude?

Your post has been edited now :smile:
Your post has been edited now :smile:

wow really?

Quick Reply

Latest