The Student Room Group

i got ABC in my year 12 mocks

i got predicted ABC in my year 12 mocks, but i don't think i can apply to any Russell Group unis currently with these grades. does anyone have any advice for me to boost these grades before the final predicted grades are submitted into UCAS in October (for my school anyway).
Original post by emm4nuella
i got predicted ABC in my year 12 mocks, but i don't think i can apply to any Russell Group unis currently with these grades. does anyone have any advice for me to boost these grades before the final predicted grades are submitted into UCAS in October (for my school anyway).

Do you know how you school will be deciding your predicted grades? Is their starting point to use your year 12 results "as is", or do they assume some improvement during year 13?

The best people to answer this question are your teachers. Be direct. For example, in the C subject say, "I'd really like to get a B prediction for this subject. What can I do to provide you evidence that I'm capable of that?" They might suggest a target percentage in end-of-topics tests, or something similar.

Two further points:
1. For some courses at some Russell Group universities, they're looking for ABB - so you're really not a million miles away.
2. Please don't fixate on the Russell Group. There are many excellent universities which have opted not to join that marketing group.

Quick Reply

Latest