The Student Room Group

Year 11 student at a top grammar school and am struggling to revise.

I'm a Year 11 student at one of the top boys grammar schools in the UK. I literally do no work and just play games/go outside get drunk/high. I'm predicted 6 8-9s and 4 7s at GCSE (which I don't think is going to happen). I see my time going away every day, and I get scared thinking oh god I'm behind and I need to revise (it's mainly sciences). Anyone have tips on how to actually get my **** together and study? The only score I'd be happy with is all 8s and 9s except for English.
get your **** together is something you can only do. recognise that you have exams in less than a year which are pretty important if you wanna be doing the a levels you want. act on your fear; spend less time w friends and doing whatever you want and put time into revision and consolidation. you'll have plenty of time to mess around in the summer- you need to be making the most of the time you have now.
put together a revision schedule and get rid of distractions when working. phone should be away and switched off or handed to someone and it's better to work in a quiet environment. if you wanna be getting 8/9s you need to be working on exam technique too.
Original post by entertainmyfaith
get your **** together is something you can only do. recognise that you have exams in less than a year which are pretty important if you wanna be doing the a levels you want. act on your fear; spend less time w friends and doing whatever you want and put time into revision and consolidation. you'll have plenty of time to mess around in the summer- you need to be making the most of the time you have now.
put together a revision schedule and get rid of distractions when working. phone should be away and switched off or handed to someone and it's better to work in a quiet environment. if you wanna be getting 8/9s you need to be working on exam technique too.

Yeah. My exam technique is fine which is why I'm managing to somehow do well with grades even tho my knowledge is crap. I genuinely have a fear, but still fail to act on it. At least today I managed to study a bit more haha

Quick Reply

Latest