The Student Room Group

How is this fair?!

every year we have had bad maths teachers - this year we have been blessed with literally the best maths teacher anyone could ask for.
I'm in year 11 and so far ive improved so much with her and shes the loveliest person.
today shes told us that her boss is making her move to the foundation class because we're progressing too much and the foundation class are getting worse.
They're giving us the foundation teacher ):
The foundation teacher isnt good and she clearly can't help the foundation kids progress and my teacher was so good im so upset.
We talked to head of maths and she said foundation kids are more important than us and so they get the better teacher...
so we're being punished for working hard?
surely thats not right.
its not even like we're set 1 we're set 3 - we also need need help!
(edited 4 years ago)
It's because they dont want the foundation people to fail as that would give a bad reputation to the school
Original post by MoreThanThis11
every year we have had bad maths teachers - this year we have been blessed with literally the best maths teacher anyone could ask for.
I'm in year 11 and so far ive improved so much with her and shes the loveliest person.
today shes told us that her boss is making her move to the foundation class because we're progressing too much and the foundation class are getting worse.
They're giving us the foundation teacher ):
The foundation teacher isnt good and she clearly can't help the foundation kids progress and my teacher was so good im so upset.
We talked to head of maths and she said foundation kids are more important than us and so they get the better teacher...
so we're being punished for working hard?
surely thats not right.
its not even like we're set 1 we're set 3 - we also need need help!

I don't think there's much you can do if you've already spoken with your head of maths, you may need to self teach yourself? - which is possible!
its a shame but you'll probably be okay w a bad teacher as if your progress is already good they'll expect you to pass?? whereas foundation tier obviously need more support. if the new teacher can't help you w any mathsy issues then you can always find your old one outside lesson time for help.

Quick Reply

Latest