The Student Room Group

University of Stirling interview

Hi
I have an interview for nursing at Stirling..any ideas from anyone will be appreciated..told interview will be scenario based..any tips on what to expect and area to prepare for??
Thank u
Hi there!

You may be asked things such as if you were working on a ward, and there was a distressed patient living with a dementia diagnosis, asking for their Mum, or trying to leave the ward, how would you handle the situation?

Or you were talking to a patient you believed was self-neglecting themselves, who would you speak to regarding this?

Or you were on shift with a member of staff who you struggled to work alongside, how would you handle this?

Good luck!
Nat (Current student nurse)
Reply 2
Original post by LJMUStudentReps
Hi there!

You may be asked things such as if you were working on a ward, and there was a distressed patient living with a dementia diagnosis, asking for their Mum, or trying to leave the ward, how would you handle the situation?

Or you were talking to a patient you believed was self-neglecting themselves, who would you speak to regarding this?

Or you were on shift with a member of staff who you struggled to work alongside, how would you handle this?

Good luck!
Nat (Current student nurse)

Hi...thank you so much..hope my interview goes well. Fingers crossed xx
Original post by Kindnessthru
Hi
I have an interview for nursing at Stirling..any ideas from anyone will be appreciated..told interview will be scenario based..any tips on what to expect and area to prepare for??
Thank u

how long did it take them to get back to you for an interview…I heard back from robert Gordon today but I did only send it away yesterday to be fair🙈
Reply 4
Hi there
It took roughly 3 days for them to get back to me...Dont worry as long as you have done your interview...your offer will come through

Also, I applied in September and I only had the interview last week in November...offer came through 5th of December..and dont worry as long as u have submitted your application..u will surely hear from them
Hi there
It took roughly 3 days for them to get back to me...Dont worry as long as you have done your interview...your offer will come through

Also, I applied in September and I only had the interview last week in November...offer came through 5th of December..and dont worry as long as u have submitted your application..u will surely hear from them

brilliant, well done and thanks so much!!! If you don’t mind me asking what sort of questions was it?
Original post by M1chaelg4llagher
brilliant, well done and thanks so much!!! If you don’t mind me asking what sort of questions was it?

It's against TSR rules to share interview questions as it gives an unfair advantage to those who follow. :smile:
Reply 7

Nobody can give you any exact answers on what questions you'll be asked about. Because of the fairness of the other candidates who are also applying at the same time as yourself, each time they have interviews they change what they ask potential students so that it stops things like you asking as if you can't do any research etc and prepare yourself for this then how will you manage with things if you were offered a place as nursing isn't easy. As you have to do assignments, essays and exams over the 3 year's.
I have heard that students were put off nursing courses because of them cheating to get into them from my current students who are on placement.

You should be given some information about what you are to research and study for your interview as they ask questions about what you where given and if so then start working on it.

Examples why this university
Why chose adult nursing rather than a other nursing field
How perhaps would you handle stress when on shift
How to deal with a bereavement while staying professional as a nurse while on shift
NMC code of practice
NHS core values
6 C's of nursing.

NHS Scotland registered midwife
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Tracey_W

Nobody can give you any exact answers on what questions you'll be asked about. Because of the fairness of the other candidates who are also applying at the same time as yourself, each time they have interviews they change what they ask potential students so that it stops things like you asking as if you can't do any research etc and prepare yourself for this then how will you manage with things if you were offered a place as nursing isn't easy. As you have to do assignments, essays and exams over the 3 year's.
I have heard that students were put off nursing courses because of them cheating to get into them from my current students who are on placement.

You should be given some information about what you are to research and study for your interview as they ask questions about what you where given and if so then start working on it.

How to deal with a bereavement while staying professional as a nurse while on shift
NMC code of practice
NHS core values
6 C's of nursing.

thank you so so much ☺️
Reply 9

NMC code of practice
NHS core values
6 C's of nursing.

thank you so so much ☺️
No worries ☺️☺️

Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending