The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emilia_13
Hey! It’s because Aberystwyth is hosting the programme alongside the RVC, they’re delivering the course together: first 2 years in Wales then the last 3 in Hawkshead. Hope that helps :smile:

Thanks for that
Original post by Jimjamjess
Yeah, rejection from notts, and interview for Bristol 😬, which is like unbelievable to me because it’s my 3rd application and my first ever interview so I’m so excited! Such an amazing Christmas present 🎁 how are you feeling about the whole process?

🤞🤞🤞🍀
Reply 3982
Does anyone know how many places they have on the notts preliminary year?
Their prospectus says 25 places between the gateway and preliminary courses.
Reply 3984
Original post by Euapp
Their prospectus says 25 places between the gateway and preliminary courses.

Thank you! Due to covid I haven’t been to an open to day for them so wasn’t sure 😊 I’ll have a look for the prospectus online
If you have an interview, best to have read it before.They give loads of info about the course and it's structure.
Anyone else still waiting on Surrey?
Hi can anyone enlighten me a bit more on student finance. I know you get a maintenance loan based on parents income, mind mine will be hardly anything even though my parents aren’t really able to support me as much as the government assume they can. I’m worried about how I’m going to be able to afford vet school and all the work experience placements/ equipment needed as I’ve been unable to work since March as my shop had to shut and since then don’t have enough money to keep me on. I’ve managed to keep on tutoring GCSE students so have earned some money from that and plan to keep doing so and look for other jobs after exams finish. But even with saving all my money for the past few years it’s not going to cover the 5-6 years at vet school and I really am against getting into debt.
I know it seems to be a bit early to be stressing as I still need to get AAA come August, but I am genuinely worried !!
Original post by Charlotta891

Hi I got an offer last week, however they continue to keep giving them out up until March from what I’ve heard so don’t worry I’m sure you will get one sometime during the new year :smile:
Original post by E91zy
Hi can anyone enlighten me a bit more on student finance. I know you get a maintenance loan based on parents income, mind mine will be hardly anything even though my parents aren’t really able to support me as much as the government assume they can. I’m worried about how I’m going to be able to afford vet school and all the work experience placements/ equipment needed as I’ve been unable to work since March as my shop had to shut and since then don’t have enough money to keep me on. I’ve managed to keep on tutoring GCSE students so have earned some money from that and plan to keep doing so and look for other jobs after exams finish. But even with saving all my money for the past few years it’s not going to cover the 5-6 years at vet school and I really am against getting into debt.
I know it seems to be a bit early to be stressing as I still need to get AAA come August, but I am genuinely worried !!

Hi, alongside the maintenance loan (which is dependent on parents income, think the minimum is around 4,000 a year) You also can get a tuition fee loan which goes directly to the uni, and pays for the 9,250 and it isn't dependent on parents income so anyone doing their 1st degree can get one! I was always told not to look at student debt as actual debt as it will get you where you want to go and you don't really notice when your paying it off later in life. hope this helps, good luck with your application and grades!!

Also the equipment so far hasn't been too expensive, I'm a first year at Liverpool and all they wanted us to buy has been overalls, waterproof and wellies for the practicals, they told us not to buy any textbooks at all as most are available through the library/online but this may be different for the different vet schools. EMS is the expensive bit but there are many ways of working it to be as cheap as possible and also some EMS placements will pay you !
(edited 3 years ago)

Yes. My daughter hasn't been called for interview OR been rejected. Anyone else in the same situation?

Me :smile: (from same interview)
Is anyone not had an offer/interview/rejection?2 rejections, 1 on hold and 1 no reply yet here. ☹️
Original post by student1.2.3
Hi, alongside the maintenance loan (which is dependent on parents income, think the minimum is around 4,000 a year) You also can get a tuition fee loan which goes directly to the uni, and pays for the 9,250 and it isn't dependent on parents income so anyone doing their 1st degree can get one! I was always told not to look at student debt as actual debt as it will get you where you want to go and you don't really notice when your paying it off later in life. hope this helps, good luck with your application and grades!!

Also the equipment so far hasn't been too expensive, I'm a first year at Liverpool and all they wanted us to buy has been overalls, waterproof and wellies for the practicals, they told us not to buy any textbooks at all as most are available through the library/online but this may be different for the different vet schools. EMS is the expensive bit but there are many ways of working it to be as cheap as possible and also some EMS placements will pay you !

Hi thank you so much this has put me at ease a bit. I’m just going to try and get a job and save more money ready to cover extra costs that the maintenance doesn’t.
Original post by imogen28
Me :smile: (from same interview)

Oh hey again! And I’m glad I’m not the only one
Original post by Aek600
Is anyone not had an offer/interview/rejection?2 rejections, 1 on hold and 1 no reply yet here. ☹️

I have one offer, one rejection, waiting to hear from one post-interview and haven' heard anything thing from one!! (Basically every situation possible lol)
Where are you still waiting for? For me it's Edinburgh but that's expeced as majority of their interviews are mid jan- late feb
Where was your offer from? and which Uni is slow to reply?
I'm still waiting to hear from one as well, and I'm wondering if I'd be better accepting an offer and getting accomodation sorted out now, rather than waiting to see if I get an interview from my last choice.
Original post by Euapp
I'm still waiting to hear from one as well, and I'm wondering if I'd be better accepting an offer and getting accomodation sorted out now, rather than waiting to see if I get an interview from my last choice.

To be honest if you know you’re going to choose Bristol anyway, I’d probably just go for it since you’ve already got your grades so don’t need to have a backup etc - depends how much you prefer Bristol to your last choice I guess, but then it takes away the stress of interviews/waiting a long time for decisions. Once my Liverpool offer is confirmed on UCAS track I will withdraw from HK as I know I won’t choose it over Liverpool, but I’ll probably wait on my others a bit longer - unless they take their time, since I’ve got an offer I’m not waiting until May for decisions like last year 😂
Yeh. I think that's what I'm going to do.
Have a great Christmas everyone. If you've got mocks coming up, do the necessary but don't go overboard.No point being burnt out for the real things ( if they ever take place!)

Latest

Trending

Trending