The Student Room Group

PM broken on TSR app

Honestly, I'd suggest removing this app if it's not going to be polished. It's some half ass attempt made in a rush.

Many flaws such as not being able to see what I'm typing in a pm, not being able to click notification when quoted as anon, not being able to add a picture when making a thread (have to go on edit post after making it).. The list is endless. Can we have an update on this app? It really doesn't take much effort to change these little fixes. I learnt how to do it in GCSE Computer Science.

Attachment not found
(edited 4 years ago)
Yes I agree, it’s a complete joke. They should invest more time into it given that they can stuff ads into peoples faces without worrying about ad blockers. They’re always keen on that.
Reply 2
Original post by RedGiant
Yes I agree, it’s a complete joke. They should invest more time into it given that they can stuff ads into peoples faces without worrying about ad blockers. They’re always keen on that.

With this generation being so geared towards mobile phones and apps, it really is stupid of the TSR staff to not spend more effort on the app.

Put the occasional ad on to make it worth your time, seeing as money is your only driving factor.
(edited 4 years ago)
Another problem with the PMs on the app is that ocassionally no matter how many times you click on it, a PM will never mark as read. I know people who have had 4 unread PMs for the last 3 years.
Reply 4
Will this be fixed? Lmao, I've got people asking for help regarding interviews in my PMs and I can't reply.

Useless developers jeez
Original post by Nuttyy
Will this be fixed? Lmao, I've got people asking for help regarding interviews in my PMs and I can't reply.

Nope
I'm currently experiencing problems when I've had a PM where they've quoted my previous response and split up the quote e.g.

[noparse]
04MR17
Some words

Some reply
04MR17
Some more words

Some more reply
[/noparse]

And all I am able to see on the app is the last part of their reply, not any of the rest. Plus I can't mark it as unread to make me see it next time I'm on desktop because that button was never built. :yay: So I'm forced to remember, or forget and neglect somebody

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending