The Student Room Group

Do you ever wish you could reach out more to people from your past?

I've been really missing people from my past. It's a world that seems to get more and more soulless and things from the past become more and more important. I sometimes wish I could find people in some cases and in others have a means to reach out. I often wonder if people that touched my life would return mysteriously. Otherwise it seems like a lot of solitude and dating apps are useless they just don't replicate any sincere or meaningful people I've found. Does anyone have any creative ideas for this problem??
Reply 1
Not really. But you're right about the apps. Horrible things.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I've been really missing people from my past. It's a world that seems to get more and more soulless and things from the past become more and more important. I sometimes wish I could find people in some cases and in others have a means to reach out. I often wonder if people that touched my life would return mysteriously. Otherwise it seems like a lot of solitude and dating apps are useless they just don't replicate any sincere or meaningful people I've found. Does anyone have any creative ideas for this problem??

No
Assuming they were around when social media was around then if they were interested they would have connected with you then. I'm not saying they were entirely disinterested in you but possibly you are reading more into it than what there was, your mind with hindsight putting more emphasis on it than what was. That can be natural and the past can be fine enough but things move on.

I kind of look back time to time and wonder, even feels like yesterday sometimes when I visualise it but in reality many years have passed. I kind of just set myself new goals that I aim for in future. Going back and contacting people I knew in the past I think would be too weird and a far too strange place to be and possibly a bit creepy lol. It wouldn't likely feel as it was as stuff moves on anyway. I agree though dating apps aren't good. Better to meet people in the moment impromptu more natural and in the moment I think then.

I think for sure though in general society is going downhill. It's getting more broken, more divisive, too many issues and people just not enjoying being with each other and life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending