The Student Room Group

GCSEs 2020

Hello! It is now 2020 January and i still haven't done any revision along with my mock results being horrendous (4s and 3s). I'm aiming for As,Bs and it's stressing me out as i am beginning to think i won't reach that grade anymore when i get my actual results. I just wanna know if there is still hope left for me and what would i need to do in order to achieve it in my case being a student that has bad grades.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by snail1111
Hello! It is now 2020 January and i still haven't done any revision along with my mock results being horrendous (4s and 3s). I'm aiming for As,Bs and it's stressing me out as i am beginning to think i won't reach that grade anymore when i get my actual results. I just wanna know if there is still hope left for me and what would i need to do in order to achieve it in my case being a student that has bad grades.

there absolutely is hope! Often (or at least with my school) they mark MOCK exams quite harshly, so in RS for instance, I jumped from a 3 to a 7. I'm not saying you'll just magically get good grades though, put in the work now and I'm sure you'll be fine!
Reply 2
There's still hope don't worry. Were your predicted grades about 7/6 for your GCSE's before your mocks?
You will just have to really focus from now till when you take your exams. If you don't have many notes I would suggest looking through all your courses and only writing notes for the areas you are struggling with. This will save time and is also effective. Make sure you do lots of past paper questions and full past past papers for every subject, this will help you narrow down areas to focus on. The CGP revision guides are also very helpful for condensed notes but be careful as they don't contain everything you will need. Some of my friends also found some YouTube videos helpful for science (primrose kitten was the favourite).
Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine, just work hard till they are done.
Reply 3
Original post by NaomiW18
There's still hope don't worry. Were your predicted grades about 7/6 for your GCSE's before your mocks?
You will just have to really focus from now till when you take your exams. If you don't have many notes I would suggest looking through all your courses and only writing notes for the areas you are struggling with. This will save time and is also effective. Make sure you do lots of past paper questions and full past past papers for every subject, this will help you narrow down areas to focus on. The CGP revision guides are also very helpful for condensed notes but be careful as they don't contain everything you will need. Some of my friends also found some YouTube videos helpful for science (primrose kitten was the favourite).
Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine, just work hard till they are done.

yeah my predicted grades were 6s. I haven't taken the mocks or revision in general seriously until now. Ty for everything but i just got one more question which is what is a good amount of revision time i should spend a day if i want to catch up quickly?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 4
urmmm, i would try and get in two hours every week day and then maybe like 4/5 at a weekend. some people will do more and if you have more time do more but you also won’t be able to sustain too much revision for a long period of time with it being effective. Then in holidays just treat everyday as a school day so like 9-4ish. Hope this helps
Reply 5
Original post by NaomiW18
urmmm, i would try and get in two hours every week day and then maybe like 4/5 at a weekend. some people will do more and if you have more time do more but you also won’t be able to sustain too much revision for a long period of time with it being effective. Then in holidays just treat everyday as a school day so like 9-4ish. Hope this helps

thx :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest