The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Urgent: looking for replacement tenant (University of Bath)

Tenancy details (context and further information after):
- £585 per person per month (before bills) with due date being the 1st of each month
- Deposit payment required (also £585)
- Rent for January already paid
- Space open until end of July 2020
- Very central - approx. 2 minutes walk from Bath Abbey, 5-7 minutes walk from Bath Spa station
- Basement room, has not been lived in so far this academic year and is in excellent condition with good, reliable heating and a reasonably stable WiFi connection
- No wired internet available in rooms - powerline network already present
- Desk, bed, small chest of drawers, and fabric-covered wardrobe already present
- Most cooking implements already present in the house (as long as you don't mind sharing)
- Washing machine and dryer in house
- 6 other tenants (already in residence)
- New tenant MUST be LGBT-friendly - multiple transgender and/or non-heterosexual tenants
- New tenant will have to communicate with the other tenants, either through online messaging or an arranged meeting, as they must be in agreement of a new tenant before they can be brought into the contract

If you are interested, then please message me to express your interest, and to ask any further questions you may have.

Now context:
I am a University of Bath student currently on a year out due to mental health reasons, and as such I am not living in the student house I signed on to last academic year. Another student was hoping to move in in my place, but she has been unable to, and so I need to find a replacement tenant ASAP, since this is currently a significant financial drain for me, considering that I'm not using the room I'm paying for. The other tenants are also paying my bill costs between them, which is less than ideal for them, too.

Finally, if anyone has any suggestions as to other places I could look for a replacement tenant, then I would be very grateful to hear them.
Original post by MCarpenter-42
Tenancy details (context and further information after):
- £585 per person per month (before bills) with due date being the 1st of each month
- Deposit payment required (also £585)
- Rent for January already paid
- Space open until end of July 2020
- Very central - approx. 2 minutes walk from Bath Abbey, 5-7 minutes walk from Bath Spa station
- Basement room, has not been lived in so far this academic year and is in excellent condition with good, reliable heating and a reasonably stable WiFi connection
- No wired internet available in rooms - powerline network already present
- Desk, bed, small chest of drawers, and fabric-covered wardrobe already present
- Most cooking implements already present in the house (as long as you don't mind sharing)
- Washing machine and dryer in house
- 6 other tenants (already in residence)
- New tenant MUST be LGBT-friendly - multiple transgender and/or non-heterosexual tenants
- New tenant will have to communicate with the other tenants, either through online messaging or an arranged meeting, as they must be in agreement of a new tenant before they can be brought into the contract

If you are interested, then please message me to express your interest, and to ask any further questions you may have.

Now context:
I am a University of Bath student currently on a year out due to mental health reasons, and as such I am not living in the student house I signed on to last academic year. Another student was hoping to move in in my place, but she has been unable to, and so I need to find a replacement tenant ASAP, since this is currently a significant financial drain for me, considering that I'm not using the room I'm paying for. The other tenants are also paying my bill costs between them, which is less than ideal for them, too.

Finally, if anyone has any suggestions as to other places I could look for a replacement tenant, then I would be very grateful to hear them.

Hi there,

I used Facebook groups to find tenants to fill the spare room this year and last year. There's usually loads of groups along the lines of "University of ....... Housing Group" where people post advertising spare rooms, or that they are looking for a room. Try putting up a post in those groups like you have here, and also scroll through to find people who fit what you're looking for and message them. Facebook is a good one as you can look at people's profiles to see if they look like your kind of person, whereas some other forums are a bit more anonymous.

I've also been told that SpareRoom is good, but I've not used it myself.

I hope this has helped,
Jessica, a third year Natural Sciences student
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Quick Reply

Latest