The Student Room Group

GCSEs

I am currently in year 10, but i had been sick for 4 whole months and I am starting school 4 months later then other students. I am currently homeschooled and I have 5 GCSEs subjects to take in year 2021 of May to June. Is 1 year enough time to catch up and get prepared for the GCSEs?
Reply 1
It should take you less if you actually study outside of school as well. But it is possible.
Original post by Savacado
I am currently in year 10, but i had been sick for 4 whole months and I am starting school 4 months later then other students. I am currently homeschooled and I have 5 GCSEs subjects to take in year 2021 of May to June. Is 1 year enough time to catch up and get prepared for the GCSEs?

One year should be plenty of time, don't rush yourself into studying. Good luck :smile:
Definitely! Y11 ex-chronic illness sufferer here, although I'm in mainstream school.
Don't panic about "being behind" other students, you've got lots of time to catch up. Go at your own pace. There are lots of resources to help you - I can suggest some if you need (Maths/English/etc) - so you'll do just fine.
Reply 4
Original post by saltandshake
Definitely! Y11 ex-chronic illness sufferer here, although I'm in mainstream school.
Don't panic about "being behind" other students, you've got lots of time to catch up. Go at your own pace. There are lots of resources to help you - I can suggest some if you need (Maths/English/etc) - so you'll do just fine.

Wow, thanks for the advise I was just really worried since I have so much to do and I was anxious. I am sorry you had chronic illness and I hope you're doing amazingly well, yes it would be lovely to have the resources for Maths and English if possible. Thank you so much in advance!

Savacado (^_^)
Original post by Savacado
Wow, thanks for the advise I was just really worried since I have so much to do and I was anxious. I am sorry you had chronic illness and I hope you're doing amazingly well, yes it would be lovely to have the resources for Maths and English if possible. Thank you so much in advance!

Savacado (^_^)

Of course!
Catching up with what I'd missed seemed overwhelming when I recovered, but I managed - now on track for 8s/9s in my GCSES this year. It's alright to be stressed while you're getting back on track with school, but put your health first, since it's just not worth it to get sick again through stress. Take your time - above all, remember GCSES are not a race.

For the resources - what exam boards are you doing? I have plenty of YT channels etc to share :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest