The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

university of liverpool and university of manchester

Hello!
im an international student and i got an offer at both uni of manchester and uni of liverpool!
liverpools conditional offer is easy to get so im not worried much, but manchesters offer requires a 3.0 in maths but if i try my hardest in my last semester in high school ill get a 2.2 in maths(yes im bad at maths but good with every other subject), so should i just give it a try and accept manchesters offer or just stick to liverpool? not sure which uni i want but i need to accept one right now so. HELP!
i dont think manchester is THAT lenient.
and would like to know if anyone experienced the same thing
Original post by Anonymous
Hello!
im an international student and i got an offer at both uni of manchester and uni of liverpool!
liverpools conditional offer is easy to get so im not worried much, but manchesters offer requires a 3.0 in maths but if i try my hardest in my last semester in high school ill get a 2.2 in maths(yes im bad at maths but good with every other subject), so should i just give it a try and accept manchesters offer or just stick to liverpool? not sure which uni i want but i need to accept one right now so. HELP!
i dont think manchester is THAT lenient.
and would like to know if anyone experienced the same thing

You can put Manchester as your firm choice and Liverpool as insurance if the entry requirements are lower :smile: also, Manchester are actually quite tolerant I think in terms of grades, I put them as my firm choice and they told me when I went to visit them on an open day that they would still accept me if I got a lower grade in one subject, in my case Maths same as you haha, like the offer is ABB and they would still take me if I got ABC :smile: hope that helps, I am not familiar with the international grading system but I'd say it should work in the same way.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Slytherin11
You can put Manchester as your firm choice and Liverpool as insurance if the entry requirements are lower :smile: also, Manchester are actually quite tolerant I think in terms of grades, I put them as my firm choice and they told me when I went to visit them on an open day that they would still accept me if I got a lower grade in one subject, in my case Maths same as you haha, like the offer is ABB and they would still take me if I got ABC :smile: hope that helps, I am not familiar with the international grading system but I'd say it should work in the same way.

Im going t do foundation year since im an international student and called INTO manchester since they are responsible for foundation year, i told them that i can easily get an 85% gpa minimum but i cant do math 3.0 minimum and that if i tried my hardest ill get like a 2.0 out of 3.0, they told me that it might be a rejection but then again i dont think many people apply to environmental management (the course i want) so i feel like theyd accept me to fill up spaces and be flexible but i dont know , the guy just really scared me when he told me thta itd mostly be a rejection plus cant really visit that easily cause im all the way from saudi so. i really hope that what you said will happen with me too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending