The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford or Liverpool John Moores Univeristy?

Hi all

I have recoeved offers from both LJMU and Salford univeristy, and I am wondering which one is best. I have applied for software engineering and not sure which one of these two univeristies to go for.

Please can someone advice me...

Many thanks in advance
Original post by MohammedDakak
Hi all

I have recoeved offers from both LJMU and Salford univeristy, and I am wondering which one is best. I have applied for software engineering and not sure which one of these two univeristies to go for.

Please can someone advice me...

Many thanks in advance

Hey @MohammedDakak,

Massive congrats on your offers! I'd say the best university for you is the one you feel happiest at, which might seem like an odd answer! I would recommend taking a look at both of our courses together and see if there's anything about them that you prefer - one of us might have different modules that you prefer, or might assess differently that suits you better. I'd also say to look at the university itself if you can - can you see yourself there? Can you imagine walking around the campuses, sitting in lecture halls? Its important to choose a university you're excited to go to, as you'll only enjoy your time there more. The surrounding area is important too - if you're moving away from home, do you like the accommodation? If you're commuting, are you happy with the commute? Do you like the city you're in? Liverpool and Manchester are both fantastic cities, but I know I'm biased when I say Manchester is the best! :biggrin:

I'd also say for something like engineering your facilities are important - we've recently opened our new Science, Engineering and Environment building which houses our brand new engineering facilities, so you've got state of the art facilities designed with our courses in mind to work in. If you would like to visit our campus you'd be more than welcome to - we've got campus tours running on two dates in August after results day, which you can find more info on here.

I hope that helps - best of luck with results day if you're waiting on your results! Fingers crossed for you :biggrin:
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Hi,

Congratulations on your offers!! :smile:

As Becky said, you're best comparing the courses at the two universities and seeing if you prefer one over the over - things like modules, modes of assessment, accreditation etc!

https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/study/courses/undergraduates/2023/35585-software-engineering-bsc-hons-sw

Liverpool and Manchester are both great cities for students - and at LJMU, you would be studying Software Engineering at our City Campus, right in the middle of the action! You'd be able to walk everywhere which makes things really easy especially in a new city.

We are actually running our Open House event this coming Saturday, if you wanted to come and have another look at the university and the city in general. More info can be found here:

https://www.ljmu.ac.uk/about-us/events/2023/8/19/open-house?utm_medium=301_Redirect&utm_source=/clearing/clearing-open-day

Best of luck with your decision!

Ellen
Liverpool John Moores University

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending