The Student Room Group

Police assessment centre

I am due at my police search assessment next week. And I am getting beyond nervous now! Can anybody give me some tips or pointers? What’s it like? Do I need to take anything? Is the interview hard? Is the maths difficult? (I’m rubbish at maths!). I’m flapping! Haha
Original post by MissKellymay
I am due at my police search assessment next week. And I am getting beyond nervous now! Can anybody give me some tips or pointers? What’s it like? Do I need to take anything? Is the interview hard? Is the maths difficult? (I’m rubbish at maths!). I’m flapping! Haha

Is it a day 1 interview?
Reply 2

I did mine in November. I’ve just received a conditional offer (pending pre employment checks). The maths is multiple choice and a calculator is provided. It’s a lot of converting figures in to percentages. Make sure you have good examples ready for the interview section and as for the scenarios, just be positive and give solutions. Make sure you also say “I will do this, I will do that” do not pass any problems on to anyone else ie managers. Good luck, I’m sure you’ll be fine.
That’s really helpful thankyou. It’s on Wednesday and I’m really panicking now. Especially on the maths!! Iv tried practising percentages and I just cannot do them 🙄🤦🏻*♀️ Is it ratios too? Medians modes averages fractions etc too? (These are all maths topics I struggle with haha). I’m freaking myself out I think the closer it’s getting. Iv my heart set on it so bad I think that’s why I’m panicking so much. Well done on your offer!!! Xx
Reply 4
That’s really helpful thankyou. It’s on Wednesday and I’m really panicking now. Especially on the maths!! Iv tried practising percentages and I just cannot do them 🙄🤦🏻*♀️ Is it ratios too? Medians modes averages fractions etc too? (These are all maths topics I struggle with haha). I’m freaking myself out I think the closer it’s getting. Iv my heart set on it so bad I think that’s why I’m panicking so much. Well done on your offer!!! Xx

Thank you. Do not panic it’s the worst thing you can do. Any fully functioning adult with a little life experience should pass the SEARCH centre. You take on the role of a customer services officer in a shopping centre so do not worry about having any policing knowledge. It will be a bit of a blur on the day but I’m sure you will be fine.
I have my assessment day next week and I’m really nervous! Any info about the day would be much appreciated!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending