The Student Room Group

Police Now National Graduate Leadership Programme 2023

Thought I'd start a new thread for the Police Now NGLP because I haven't seen one on here! Anyone else applying/ what stage of the process are you at?
Hi, I've just completed the assessment centre for Police Now, waiting for my results
Original post by JOSH4598
Hi, I've just completed the assessment centre for Police Now, waiting for my results

think I was at your AC, good luck for the next ten days!! lmk how it goes
Reply 3
Hey guys hope your ACs went well, got mine coming up on Friday so If you have any tips on what to prepare for in particular that would be great. Also a breakdown of how the day went as I cant see that on the website would be appreciated.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by J517
Hey guys hope your ACs went well, got mine coming up on Friday so If you have any tips on what to prepare for in particular that would be great. Also a breakdown of how the day went as I cant see that on the website would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jai

You should have been sent a handbook that has the details of the different sections but its basically a role play exercise, a group one, an interview, a written task, and a self-reflection session at the end. Can't give specific questions/ details but my biggest tip is if you can, have like a 15 hour sleep beforehand - the most surprising thing for me was how much it drained me because its basically one task and then straight onto the prep for the next one with only 5-10 min breaks sometimes depending on your individual timetable. V exhausting! Make sure you've checked your camera/ mic before you start, have a pen and paper for you in case you want it, and note down some brief info after every task about how it went - this'll help you remember what went well/badly for the self-reflection task at the end in case the adrenalin messes with your memory. Good Luck!! :smile:
Original post by Phoebephoebe
think I was at your AC, good luck for the next ten days!! lmk how it goes

Thanks, longest ten days ever at the moment but glad I'm not the only one who felt drained afterwards! Good luck too - recon we must have been the first AC group
Thanks, longest ten days ever at the moment but glad I'm not the only one who felt drained afterwards! Good luck too - recon we must have been the first AC group

just received my feedback and it is NOT positive lol, so not much hope on that front - did you get yours as well? mine suggests I was just incredibly mediocre
just received my feedback and it is NOT positive lol, so not much hope on that front - did you get yours as well? mine suggests I was just incredibly mediocre

Had mine this morning too - it wasn't bad as such, but yeah just made me look average and most were 'reasonable level of...' so not a glowing report lol. My main area of development was critical analysis, but it was pretty generic feedback. how did you find the role plays during the AC out of interest?
Had mine this morning too - it wasn't bad as such, but yeah just made me look average and most were 'reasonable level of...' so not a glowing report lol. My main area of development was critical analysis, but it was pretty generic feedback. how did you find the role plays during the AC out of interest?

What was the language for your area of development - like did it start with something different or just more suggestions in it? am struggling to see the difference between the phrases they use. Mine sounds very similar to yours though. Overall I found the role plays ok? I'm not bad at responding to people/ new situations, so i didn't ever not say anything, but obviously can't judge how good they thought what I actually said was.. would have probably said I thought they went well had I been asked yesterday, but clearly slightly different now!
What was the language for your area of development - like did it start with something different or just more suggestions in it? am struggling to see the difference between the phrases they use. Mine sounds very similar to yours though. Overall I found the role plays ok? I'm not bad at responding to people/ new situations, so i didn't ever not say anything, but obviously can't judge how good they thought what I actually said was.. would have probably said I thought they went well had I been asked yesterday, but clearly slightly different now!

It was framed as 'in comparison to other areas, this is something to work on as you may struggle with aspects of it' so not entirely negative I guess. The role plays were what I most enjoyed from the day, pretty realistic to what I was expecting but definitely needed longer in both of them, which probably explains my feedback. It looks like we're some of the first few through the process so let me know if you hear anything else!
It was framed as 'in comparison to other areas, this is something to work on as you may struggle with aspects of it' so not entirely negative I guess. The role plays were what I most enjoyed from the day, pretty realistic to what I was expecting but definitely needed longer in both of them, which probably explains my feedback. It looks like we're some of the first few through the process so let me know if you hear anything else!

yeah ok, that makes sense - I def found the same with the timing thing. If anything, I think from previous years that feedback probably means outcome soon, so at least that's something!
Reply 11
Hey guys,

might sound a little odd but what was the dress code like for the assessment centre, all the one I have been to have been informal but I don't think that would be the case for this.
Got a conditional for the met this morning! Really surprised given my feedback
Got a conditional for the met this morning! Really surprised given my feedback

Congrats!! That's great news. I received a conditional offer for Hertfordshire this afternoon as well.
I have my AC tomorrow. What were the interview questions like? Well done to those who have received offers.
Original post by chloe.rice
I have my AC tomorrow. What were the interview questions like? Well done to those who have received offers.

Good luck for tomorrow - while we can't tell you what the questions will be, I will say make sure you understand the role.
Hi guys, thread hasn't had updates in a while but thought I'd lend myself for advice / to answer questions. I joined via the NGLP in 2021, coming towards the home stretch of my 2 years in now. Best of luck to all, biggest piece of advice - be yourself, don't try and dress up your personality. If you're calm and methodical, show that you're calm and methodical. Also, be comfortable challenging ideas put forward if it goes against your ethics / decision making process. They aren't looking for you to have the right answers, they want to know how you handle situations. Research the Police Now mission and tie it in to everything you do or say. Those of you who do make it through, you're in for a great career and will meet friends for life.
Hi everyone,

I have my AC next week. I've been going through the Police Now competencies and matching them up with my past experiences in university & from jobs etc I've had. Is there anything else I can do to prepare to be ready for the day? Thank you in advance :smile:

Tom.
Guys, one quick question where is the assessment centre held? is it online or virtual?
Reply 19
Original post by SleeplessMortal
Guys, one quick question where is the assessment centre held? is it online or virtual?

If your doing this 2024 intake for NGLP then it's virtual, all the information is in the portal. Also you should've also receive a confirmation via email ad well. How do you feel about it?

Quick Reply

Latest