The Student Room Group

Taking GCSE Sciences early in January

I'm currently in year 10 and I would like to take my sciences early in January 2021, do they hold exams for Science in January (my exam board will be AQA). Thanks
Reply 1
They don't. The vast majority of GCSE exams in England are available only in the Summer term. The exceptions are Maths and English Language which are available in November but only to those over 16.
All gcse exams are done at summer time. People who fail can re sit in November for maths and English language only.
Reply 3
ah ok thanks. Do you know if you can take IGCSE in January?
Original post by Compost
They don't. The vast majority of GCSE exams in England are available only in the Summer term. The exceptions are Maths and English Language which are available in November but only to those over 16.
Reply 4
Original post by ArtmisKco
All gcse exams are done at summer time. People who fail can re sit in November for maths and English language only.

Anyone over 16 can take the exams in November. The don't have to have taken it before or failed if they did.
Reply 5
Original post by alexeiszp
ah ok thanks. Do you know if you can take IGCSE in January?

Why would you want to? If you're at a state school they will still make you sit Science GCSEs in the Summer.
Reply 6
There aren’t January science exams for GCSE unless you do IGCSE.

Quick Reply

Latest