The Student Room Group

***Official Investment Banking Spring Week 2021 Thread**

Scroll to see replies

Does black rock require any tests
Original post by Awesomedee
Nomura ask for a CV and then you have to answer 3 questions. They also do numerical reasoning and logical reasoning tests by Kenexa.

Are the questions they asked conducted under timed conditions.
Original post by fgur987
Are the questions they asked conducted under timed conditions.

Nope. It’s part of the online application so you can enter and leave the website whenever you want.
Hi, Anyone has done the second part of the HSBC assessment (Online Immersive Assessment)? What are the questions they are asking for the video interviews?
Original post by thechauv
Hi, Anyone has done the second part of the HSBC assessment (Online Immersive Assessment)? What are the questions they are asking for the video interviews?

What was the hsbc application process like so far for u? What did u have to do?
Original post by fgur987
What was the hsbc application process like so far for u? What did u have to do?

Straightforward - fill in ur info/CV then you have to do the first part of the situational assessment (takes an hour) Then, you get a few days later the immersive assessment - if you have passed the first part.
Reply 166
Hey guys,

I'm a first year studying Econ in Germany.
I am about to apply for a couple of spring internships, however I just don't get how to write a proper cover letter without having any finance related experience (except for forex trading) nor any contacts in the industry.

It'd be really helpful if some of you could give me some input on how you wrote your cover letter and how you structured your process towards your final draft.

cheers
Original post by JoDo2G
Hey guys,

I'm a first year studying Econ in Germany.
I am about to apply for a couple of spring internships, however I just don't get how to write a proper cover letter without having any finance related experience (except for forex trading) nor any contacts in the industry.

It'd be really helpful if some of you could give me some input on how you wrote your cover letter and how you structured your process towards your final draft.

cheers

lol don't say you traded forex, they're gonna think you're one of these noobs that got in by watching youtube ads hahah
What’s the application process like for Morgan Stanley? Do you need a cover letter or is it competency based questions?
Reply 169
you need a cl and there isn't questions
Reply 170
does anyone can pm me the link to credit suisse's spring offer, I don't find it, thx !
Reply 171
lol don't say you traded forex, they're gonna think you're one of these noobs that got in by watching youtube ads hahah

yeah good point. should I mention music tutoring, what do you think?
Has anyone gotten a Macquarie Video Interview yet. I have and I wanted to know if anyone has some insight on how to prepare for it?
Reply 173
I believe that anything involving teaching or helping children is a positive thing. They don’t expect much relevant work for spring week.
Original post by JoDo2G
yeah good point. should I mention music tutoring, what do you think?

Definitely
Does anyone know when Deutsche Bank opens their spring programme or if it's already open? I'm finding their website really difficult to navigate!
Straightforward - fill in ur info/CV then you have to do the first part of the situational assessment (takes an hour) Then, you get a few days later the immersive assessment - if you have passed the first part.

Do you have to do a numerical test for HSBC
Original post by Hollymoly
Well, their Tech spring is already open so I presume you talk about the ISG spring? And if so, where did you get this information from? Thanks

i emailed them and asked
Original post by Aya_ceyr
Has anyone gotten a Macquarie Video Interview yet. I have and I wanted to know if anyone has some insight on how to prepare for it?

When did you send off your application to Macquarie and how long did it take for them to get back to you about video interview ?
Original post by martheman15
ISG Spring has been open for a while now, like 3 weeks

it says applications still aren't opened on the website- have you applied and if so could you possibly comment the link cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending