AQA A level Biology Logs/Percentages question

Watch this thread
mushed
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm doing an exam paper and it consists on a graph with Log10 number of cells in tumour on the y axis, and time on the x axis. It has a line at y= 9 which is where the tumour can be detected and the question asks to calculate the PERCENTAGE of maximum growth this type of tumour reaches before it can be detected. How would I do this?
Attached files
Renn0
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
The curve plateaus at 12 on the y axis. This means that the maximum growth this tumour can reach is 12. Because the minimum size in which it can be detected is 9, I'm thinking it's just (9/12)x100, which is 75%.
teddyrocks22
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mushed)
I'm doing an exam paper and it consists on a graph with Log10 number of cells in tumour on the y axis, and time on the x axis. It has a line at y= 9 which is where the tumour can be detected and the question asks to calculate the PERCENTAGE of maximum growth this type of tumour reaches before it can be detected. How would I do this?
Hey, this might be a long shot, but did you ever find the answer to this question? I had it in my biology exam earlier today and I don’t know if I did it right?! (Which I probably didn’t haha)
Thanks!
mushed
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by teddyrocks22)
Hey, this might be a long shot, but did you ever find the answer to this question? I had it in my biology exam earlier today and I don’t know if I did it right?! (Which I probably didn’t haha)
Thanks!
Hi! I'm so sorry I don't have my exam papers anymore so I can't remember! I'm sure you've done great still haha and one question won't make too much of a difference, as long as you attempted it you'll probably pick up marks
teddyrocks22
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mushed)
Hi! I'm so sorry I don't have my exam papers anymore so I can't remember! I'm sure you've done great still haha and one question won't make too much of a difference, as long as you attempted it you'll probably pick up marks
No worries, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Y13s: How will you be receiving your A-level results?

In person (69)
70.41%
In the post (3)
3.06%
Text (13)
13.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (13)
13.27%

Watched Threads