The Student Room Group

AQA A level Business

Any exam prep tips, structures, hacks to memorise formulas, how to get an A/A* in business? any tips regarding business would really help as I’d like to do busienss for uni :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Oh okay thanks
Original post by sdfsrgt654
Any exam prep tips, structures, hacks to memorise formulas, how to get an A/A* in business? any tips regarding business would really help as I’d like to do busienss for uni :smile:

Hi. I do A-level Edexcel business (similar to AQA)and I am predicted an A*. Here is what I recommend:
-Find the specification- so for you it would be AQA A level business spec- use it as your topic list. I listed the topics on notion and highlighted them red,amber and green. The topics which were red and amber were my top priority.
-create an exam structure which will help answer exam questions for example: 20 markers- needs 2 definitions 4 analysis points etc. Use the examiner reports on AQA- there are loads of tips on how to write that top-end answer.
-I practised the red and amber topics using textbook questions. Once I mastered the textbook questions, I got straight onto exam questions.
-I keep a log of the questions which I find really difficult and re-attempt them when I can. I recommend asking your teachers for help on the A* questions.
-The book I linked below is pretty good for getting that A*
https://www.a-zbusinesstraining.com/product/aqa-business-target-b-a-ebook/
It's good for answering and structuring exam questions I think you should be able to find an online PDF.
-I find the best way to memorise key formulas is by practising as many exam questions as possible because the equations will just start coming to you naturally. You could also try creating mnemonics.
Reply 4
Original post by meliodas89

Hi. I do A-level Edexcel business (similar to AQA)and I am predicted an A*. Here is what I recommend:
-Find the specification- so for you it would be AQA A level business spec- use it as your topic list. I listed the topics on notion and highlighted them red,amber and green. The topics which were red and amber were my top priority.
-create an exam structure which will help answer exam questions for example: 20 markers- needs 2 definitions 4 analysis points etc. Use the examiner reports on AQA- there are loads of tips on how to write that top-end answer.
-I practised the red and amber topics using textbook questions. Once I mastered the textbook questions, I got straight onto exam questions.
-I keep a log of the questions which I find really difficult and re-attempt them when I can. I recommend asking your teachers for help on the A* questions.
-The book I linked below is pretty good for getting that A*
https://www.a-zbusinesstraining.com/product/aqa-business-target-b-a-ebook/
It's good for answering and structuring exam questions I think you should be able to find an online PDF.
-I find the best way to memorise key formulas is by practising as many exam questions as possible because the equations will just start coming to you naturally. You could also try creating mnemonics.

Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest