The Student Room Group

Bad grade in research methodology course - Master's application

Hi,

I am a third year economics/politics student at a Russell Group, and I'm looking to do a masters in international relations, with a focus on research and stats after graduation.

I am projected to average 63% (2:1) in my degree this year, with mostly B's and a couple of A's. However, I got a 2:2 (56%) in my quantitative methods course for politics, mainly because I got cocky, underestimated the course and focused primarily on doing well on econ.

I am looking to apply for masters next year and I'm wondering if this bad grade will dampen my chances. Although my degree is fairly mathematical, would taking an econometrics module or getting a good grade in my dissertation would make up for this low grade in terms of admission?

(edited 4 years ago)
It depends on the competitiveness of the MSc - which universities are you thinking of? @danrp22
Reply 2
Original post by Diplomatic
It depends on the competitiveness of the MSc - which universities are you thinking of? @danrp

I'm considering KCL, SOAS, Sciences Po, Uni of Amsterdam, KU Leuven and Manchester Uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending